Housing developer helps children in Leamington and Southam be more visible while walking to school
A housing developer has been helping children in Leamington and Southam be more visible while they walk to school. In support of International Walk to School Month in October, Taylor Wimpey donated 310 high visibility snap bands to pupils at Southam Primary School.
The annual initiative, organised by UK charity Living Streets, aims to encourage families to leave the car at home and walk to school safely.
According to research by Living Streets, less than half of all school children are currently walking to school, a drop from 70 per cent a generation ago.
The research also found that... read more
- 17:58 Castle of Light, Edinburgh
- 17:40 Election 2019 Why I'm Voting Labour: Alan Gibbons, writer
- 17:40 Poetry on the Picketline Under the Acacia Tree, by Joy Johnson
- 17:40 Books Time to repossess our common treasury
- 17:11 Europe’s largest light and lantern festival in Heaton Park
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why Iâm Voting Labour: Attila the Stockbroker
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why I'm Voting Labour: Ra Page, publisher Comma Press
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why I'm voting Labour: Zita Holbourne, artist, writer...
- 17:05 Stratford Foodbank users soar in number
- 17:05 Two Stratford schools among top ten in West Midlands
- 16:50 Why Martin Lewis thinks it's time to ban buying Christmas presents
- 16:50 The W London: Boistrous Britannia
- 16:42 Evolution, Acosta Danza review: the Cuban master's showcase
- 16:02 Paedophile took pictures up young girls' skirts in Asda
- 16:02 Manchester Arena tragedy: inquiry waiting for police evidence
- 14:52 On Bear Ridge review: bleak laughs in a Welsh dystopia
- 13:08 Sex offender jailed for breaching order
- 13:08 Girl, 8, asks Santa for 'warm jacket' in heartbreaking Christmas wish
- 13:08 Taber looking forward to seeing Cubs develop to full potential
- 13:08 Calls for women to have leading roles at Stratford District Council
- 12:05 Mothercare launches Black Friday sale with items up to half price
- 12:05 Six months of overnight lane closures to allow for M60 improvements
- 11:57 Why running out of fuel could land you with a hefty fine
- 11:57 Angry TSB customers left without wages in their accounts
- 10:52 Festive interactive storytelling to entertain kids in Lichfield
- 10:17 Hospice hosts services in Lichfield for people to remember loved ones
- 10:17 Cameras removed from Burntwood car park after complaints
- 09:16 Motorists facing delays of 30 minutes on the M66