Hospital worker gets through cancer treatment with a little help from her friends
When Lynda Wennington was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was not fazed in the slightest.
The hospital worker, 44, knew she was in good hands - as her colleagues were alongside her every step of the way.
Lynda, who works in the Sterile Services Department at North Tees Hospital, was surrounded by her work friends during her ordeal.
The mother-of-one has now had a mastectomy, and thankfully does not have to return for more treatment.
Just six weeks ago, she discovered an abnormality in her breast and found out she had several tumours.
The intense chemotherapy she thought she would have is... read more
- 11:15 Dublin crash horror: Car hits crowd outside church - two seriously...
- 11:14 Quiz: World Cup hat-tricks
- 11:14 Women's decathlon set for US debut – but do athletes really want it?
- 11:14 Sunderland's Bette Davis expert set to speak at celebrity conference
- 11:14 Watch: Huge flames and black smoke rise into the sky after 'arson...
- 11:14 Mansfield Woodhouse road closed after motorbike crash
- 11:14 The Met Office is introducing two new types of weather warnings -...
- 11:14 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:14 Britain braced for 'blowtorch' heatwave which could spark...
- 11:13 Stacked up on sun cream? Here are seven things you didn't know...
- 11:13 Can sunscreen stop you from getting a tan?
- 11:12 Mystery over sudden death of boy, 3, who went to sleep and never...
- 11:12 Dog gets jaw and tongue stuck in toy she only had for 30 minutes
- 11:12 Morley RFC welcomes new chair and president with family day
- 11:11 Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- 11:11 More rare dormice released into the wild
- 11:11 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:10 Gareth Southgate would not swap Harry Kane for anyone
- 11:10 Fantastic family fun on the canal
- 11:10 Inquest adjourned following sudden death of Barrow dad, 45
- 11:09 Stop your dogs biting us, plead postmen after 2,300 attacks in...
- 11:09 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:08 Witness appeal after theft and fraud in locations including village...
- 11:08 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 South Korean piano star Yeol Eum Son to stun East Neuk Festival...
- 11:07 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 Woman arrested for attempted murder after incident near pub
- 11:06 Arriva launching Uber for buses in Liverpool
- 11:06 'Blowtorch' UK heatwave could reach temperatures of 35C
- 11:06 How was your weekend running?