Homeless man died waiting for his dog after being kicked out of police station
A homeless man died of hypothermia after he was kicked out and forced to wait for his dog to be release from a police kennel in the cold.
Pericles Malagardis, known as Peri, went to Uxbridge Police station after leaving hospital to pick up his dog Django, who was ‘everything to him’.
The 63-year-old was told he couldn’t pick Django that night but would have to wait till morning.
He was the kicked out of the station by PC Bhupinder Kalsi, who was dismissed for gross incompetence today, in the early hours of the morning as temperatures dipped towards zero.
Five hours later, Peri was found... read more
- 04:46 India-Pakistan crisis: Saudi Arabia aims to de-escalate tensions
- 04:46 4 Leicester primary schools want to break away from council control...
- 04:37 Sepsis: New rapid test 'could save thousands of lives'
- 04:23 Kurtley Beale ready to move on after creating 'bad image' for rugby...
- 04:14 Ex-Russia probe overseer Rod Rosenstein 'to step down by March'
- 03:58 Bulk carrier runs aground on Solomon Islands reef spilling oil
- 03:58 Rod Rosenstein, key figure behind Mueller inquiry, expected to step...
- 03:39 UK and French tourists missing in Australia beach search
- 02:24 Police confirm death of man following three-car Angus road crash
- 02:19 Can the Brexit Party succeed?
- 02:18 Tay Cities Business Week
- 02:18 Dundee firm at forefront of robotics revolution
- 02:18 Fergus Ewing demands compensation for Scottish farmers and crofters...
- 02:18 Kirkcaldy pay TV specialist announces landmark BT deal
- 02:18 Major Angus windfarm to boost local companies
- 02:18 Potato chiefs working to keep buyers on side post-Brexit
- 02:18 Blackberry breeding scheme is already bearing great fruit
- 02:10 Sick refugees on Manus and Nauru to be sent to Christmas Island not...
- 02:10 16 US states sue over Trump border wall emergency declaration
- 02:07 Arsene Wenger appears to disagree with Maurizio Sarri over how best...
- 01:54 Labour warned more MPs 'thinking long and hard' about futures
- 01:50 No points punishment as Leeds United are hit with fine by EFL for...
- 01:45 Sheela-na-gigs: The naked women adorning Britain's churches
- 01:45 Stephen Lawrence: How has his murder changed policing?
- 01:45 Birmingham bin row: Workers start latest strike action
- 01:29 Top Gear season 26 episode 1 review: is the show finally back on...
- 01:28 Australia's drought leading to 'suffering' of children, UN warns
- 01:23 Police search for missing UK and French tourists at beach near Port...
- 01:14 US states sue Trump over border wall
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Labour split comes at fractious time for...