HMP Humber prisoners are being taught how to build websites
A successful trial at HMP Humber which involves prisoners being taught computer coding will be rolled out to other prisons.
The project, which involves "carefully vetted" inmates, is being given a cash injection by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) as part of a £1.2 million scheme to help boost job opportunities to offenders.
The Code 4000 workshops will see criminals given training before being allowed to work on real-world projects - and potentially become website developers and be employed by external companies after completing their jail terms.
The... read more
- 05:43 Global R&D group launches UK arm in capital
- 05:35 Story time with e-books 'not as helpful' as print books
- 05:34 The number of Brummies dying young from heart disease is soaring
- 05:30 Glasgow software firm lands digital funding
- 05:24 Spice Girls' Geri says romp with Mel B confirmed she WASN'T a lesbian
- 05:23 Russian military officials arrive in Venezuela to discuss 'training...
- 05:18 Woman defrauded her widowed mother-in-law out of thousands of...
- 05:18 New £21m University of Lincoln medical school set to get the go-ahead
- 05:18 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 05:18 More 200,000 voters in Lincolnshire are on open register where...
- 05:12 Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302: Hull family visit the 'humble'...
- 05:12 Libby Squire: The CCTV footage which could hold the clues to...
- 05:12 The latest on THAT transfer between Newcastle United and West Brom...
- 05:11 Morrison government set to offer taxpayer backing for Queensland power
- 05:11 Five opposition parties call on UK to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia
- 05:11 The week ahead for Brexit: third time lucky for May?
- 05:05 Anglesey man's autism helped by mountain hikes
- 05:05 Smacking ban in Wales a step closer with bill published
- 05:05 Edinburgh Waverley: Station expansion plans to be revealed
- 05:05 Drugs smuggled into Guys Marsh prison in dead rats
- 05:05 Brexit: Cabinet to meet amid pressure on May
- 05:03 Ban cars outside UK schools to tackle air pollution, teachers say
- 04:59 Victorian father loses legal battle to stop child having hyphenated...
- 04:49 Heartbroken dad denied life-saving operation by NHS chiefs and...
- 04:49 Sir Alex Ferguson helps raise £405k for NHS after staff saved his...
- 04:49 Young mum slashed from ear to mouth by ex reveals thug still...
- 04:49 'I had a choice, I had power' Brave domestic abuse survivor relives...
- 04:47 What's happening this week?
- 04:47 The woman bringing Mandarin to Uganda
- 04:47 Delhi Crime: New drama tells story of bus rape investigation