Hit-and-run thug laughs in the dock as he's jailed for putting pensioner in hospital
A HIT-AND-RUN thug laughed in the dock yesterday as a court heard how he put a pensioner in hospital.
But Rory Lawlor’s smile disappeared when he was jailed for 205 days.
The trainee roofer crashed into 72-year-old Audrey MacArthur’s car while he was racing away from police who were trying to pull him over.
Top news stories today Body found in search for missing teen Machete attack soldier jailed Married mum had sex with teen boy Gers boss Warburton should forget Barton Celtic fan walks free from court Family post tributes to tragic teen 1 of 6
Audrey’s Renault Scenic flipped on to its... read more
- 09:21 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 09:21 Leicester heatwave: The top temperatures each day this week for...
- 09:20 Councils rake in millions from garden waste collections
- 09:17 Poulton woman left devastated after Timmy the tortoise goes missing
- 09:17 Resort youngsters join future dance stars for showcase night
- 09:17 Radio 4 stand up Jeremy looks at the human condition on tour
- 09:17 'Spanish plume’ could bring Britain’s hottest day in three years
- 09:16 Jeremy Hunt’s name is still a big problem for radio presenters
- 09:16 Judge gives drug-dealing friend of stabbing victim a chance before...
- 09:14 From the archive: the male nude in 1972
- 09:14 Three bags are better than one: Rihanna nails fashion’s most...
- 09:14 Seven ways to strengthen your core
- 09:13 The Mash Report's Rachel Parris: 'There was a lot of excitement and...
- 09:13 Recycle your old cooking oil
- 09:13 How to prevent sunburn but enjoy the heatwave we’re...
- 09:13 People don’t want to work in the UK anymore
- 09:10 Bowled over by beautiful Bequia: Jonathan Agnew unearths a secret...
- 09:10 Britain set for eight summer heatwaves with temperatures hotter...
- 09:10 Mohamed Salah ‘happy’ with Egypt amid Chechnya political symbol furore
- 09:09 Cheshire West team helps patients return to a normal life after...
- 09:09 Tributes paid to Briton killed in Cyprus hit-and-run
- 09:07 Dundee United to cash in as former player Stuart Armstrong heads to...
- 09:07 Man dies and two others fighting for lives after burglary in Bristol
- 09:07 No one worthy of travel injunction, insists West Midlands Mayor
- 09:07 Stephanie Davis spoke to tragic Love Island star Sophie Gradon days...
- 09:07 Poldark's fourth series 'most political yet' as Dwight and Caroline...
- 09:07 Repairs are planned after pensioner’s fall
- 09:07 Nigerian singer D'banj's son, 1, dies after drowning in swimming pool
- 09:07 SWP Engineering exhibits new shellfish cooker on national stage
- 09:07 Maltings revamp is considered