History revealed: Pre- and post-medieval rings declared as treasure in Harrogate
Two historic rings have been declared as treasure at a treasure trove inquest at Harrogate Magistrates Court.
The first, a medieval gold finger ring, was found in Bilton in Ainsty by someone using a metal detector in August last year.
The court heard that the complete cast gold ring featured a traditional medieval pattern with what appeared to be “flowers or fruit” decorated with diamonds and enamel.
Black lettering was also found engraved into the metal on the inside of the band reading: “Mon Cuer Avez” which coroner, Mr Rob Turnbull, said translates to: “my heart is yours”.
The item is... read more
- 04:01 Five arrests over death outside Walsall Manor Hospital
- 04:01 Metropolitan House plans set to be given green light
- 03:58 Kerala floods: A million in camps and thousands stranded
- 03:51 British man missing after banana boat accident in Portugal
- 03:51 Malaysia accused of 'state-sponsored homophobia' after LGBT crackdown
- 03:46 Will Donald Trump remain bulletproof?
- 03:30 Rayners Lane shooting: Two injured as shots fired at group
- 03:30 Puppy and kitten sales at pet shops set to be banned
- 03:30 Ryanair compensation cheques with no signatures 'bounced'
- 03:26 Canister explosion kills man at bonfire
- 03:26 Rubric Lois King hosts Grand Prix themed party
- 03:09 Trump attacks players for kneeling after 0.0006% of NFL does so in...
- 03:05 Malcolm Turnbull: PM loses ministers in leadership battle
- 02:54 Facebook and Twitter remove accounts linked to Russia and Iran...
- 02:51 Could Scott Morrison and Julie Bishop join the leadership race in a...
- 02:51 'Worst hour' for Trump after convictions for Manafort and Cohen
- 02:43 Ashleigh Barty to lead Australia's US Open contingent
- 02:43 Wallabies fitness questioned by All Blacks great ahead of second Test
- 02:20 Cycle of life: New Zealand MP gives birth to boy after riding to...
- 02:08 'Too pretty' Wolverhampton prison officer agrees out-of-court...
- 02:08 Big names turn out for great cricketing causes
- 02:07 Facebook pulls 652 fake accounts and pages meant to influence world...
- 01:58 New vintage shop hosts 60 Northampton-based traders all under one roof
- 01:50 Government to ban unethical puppy and kitten farms in England
- 01:47 Solat Chaudhry: Win the fight for gender equality and we will all...
- 01:47 Peter Lilley: Nothing to fear if we decide on a no-deal Brexit
- 01:47 Dilys Price: The 86-year-old parachutist turned Helmut Lang model
- 01:47 Bernard Ingham: No future for Labour unless it ditches Jeremy Corbyn
- 01:42 Legal action plan as locked out householders at Glasgow School of...
- 01:42 Thug who planted nail bomb at neighbour's home after brothel feud...