Historic hotel wins controversial marquee extension in Sutton Coldfield
An historic hotel has won temporary permission to keep its marquee for lucrative weddings - but bosses have been told 'enough is enough'.
The Grade I listed New Hall Hotel in Sutton Coldfield dates back to around the 13th Century and is thought to be first inhabited moated house in England.
But controversy surrounds the marquee on its grounds which has been used since 2004 to host weddings and other functions.
Bosses Hand Picked Hotels had permission from Birmingham City Council to keep the 42ft by 101ft structure in place until 2020, but applied for an extension until 2025 because they... read more
- 12:39 Police cuts force officers to 'prioritise' crime in Solihull
- 12:39 This is Steve Bruce's take on Aston Villa's season so far
- 12:39 Boeing Sheffield hands prized supply contracts to three South...
- 12:38 How to get tickets for the Strictly Come Dancing 2018 Christmas...
- 12:38 Flood warnings as Britain braced for heavy storms
- 12:37 'People will die': Obama official's stark warning as Trump slashes...
- 12:36 Doncaster crematorium named among UK’s busiest
- 12:34 Tottenham’s Érik Lamela: we need to be ruthless and ease burden on...
- 12:34 Top 10 real-life monsters in fiction
- 12:34 George Orwell archives added to Unesco Memory of the World register
- 12:34 Spotify sued for gender discrimination and equal pay violation
- 12:34 Sony announces PlayStation Classic mini console
- 12:34 Nicolas Cage expresses 'frustration' with Cage rage internet meme
- 12:34 34-year-old man missing from Worksop
- 12:34 This energy firm is compensating £680,000 to customers - are you...
- 12:34 Gary Lineker is wrong! Readers reveal the best flavour of Walkers...
- 12:34 Hundreds at funeral for much loved Burnley couple who died in Egypt
- 12:34 Boeing Sheffield hands prized supply contracts to three South...
- 12:34 Lancaster students to make some noise in aid of young suicide...
- 12:34 Alan Browne: Why Preston North End fans are right to complain
- 12:31 Yes, people really are wearing Christian Kane’s £800 shoes with...
- 12:31 "So sad absolutely broke my heart reading this" - Fleetwood mum's...
- 12:30 Club Marvy Hotel review: a tantalising taste of the Aegean
- 12:29 Hundreds at funeral for much loved Burnley couple who died in Egypt
- 12:28 Breck Bednar murder: Film warning of online grooming launched
- 12:27 Volunteers out in force to catch speeding drivers on European-wide...
- 12:26 Lancaster business launches local online gift voucher site
- 12:26 Hundreds at funeral for much loved Burnley couple who died in Egypt
- 12:26 South Africa gangs 'threaten' rare sea snail existence
- 12:25 Meghan Markle’s face lights up as she’s reunited with her...