'Highly competent and elegant' One Angel Square wins 2018 architecture award
One Angel Square won a Royal Institute of British Architects award with judges labelling it "highly competent and elegant". The Northamptonshire County Council headquarters were among seven other buildings to win an East Midlands award the ceremony at The Engineering Building, University of Leicester, last night.
It will also be considered for a RIBA National Award on June 21.
"Angel Square responds to an ambitious brief to combine workforces from 12 separate properties in a single excellent headquarters building," said the judges.
"The project, however, goes beyond... read more
- 04:24 Primaries: Republicans snub Trump critic as Democrats choose...
- 03:41 Kansas: Kris Kobach to be GOP nominee for governor as incumbent...
- 03:25 Third set of twins born to SAME Scottish parents waved off to first...
- 03:09 Mehreen Faruqi to become first female Muslim senator amid Fraser...
- 03:09 South Korea: #MeToo anger as politician found not guilty of rape
- 02:42 Fraser Anning speech 'straight from Goebbels' handbook', says...
- 02:27 Ex-West Yorkshire Chief Constable sues former force over...
- 02:04 Pay FTSE 100 CEOs jumps to almost £4 million
- 01:58 Replacement for Daventry warehouse burnt to ground recommended for...
- 01:57 Thibaut Courtois set to miss Real Madrid’s Super Cup clash with...
- 01:39 'Crisis point': New Zealand hit by primary school teacher strike
- 01:36 Inverleith backs hemp-based food and drinks firm
- 01:29 How the humble cabbage can stop cancers
- 01:16 Andrea Jenkyns: Malaria-free world will boost economies
- 01:14 Sergio Ramos hits back at Cristiano Ronaldo over his dig at...
- 01:10 Whitburn GP Thair Altaii jailed for secretly filming women
- 01:10 Camper dies after tree falls on tent in Cornwall
- 01:10 Limited edition Macallan whisky sale leads to road closure
- 01:10 School exclusion of autistic boy unlawful, judge rules
- 00:59 Illinois sues Trump Tower over Chicago River water use
- 00:57 Sudoku 4139 medium
- 00:52 Bernard Ingham: Does Boris Johnson have what it takes to be our...
- 00:47 Andrea Jenkyns: Malaria-free world will boost economies
- 00:47 GP Taylor: State must step in to give rural areas transport
- 00:43 Madonna at 60: The Queen of Pop in seven charts
- 00:33 India-Pakistan pen pals write their own history
- 00:33 BBC reporter's terrifying days amid Taliban assault on Ghazni
- 00:33 Viewpoint: Chinese mosque standoff risks peace in model Muslim...
- 00:32 Government accused of 'total failure' to widen elite university access
- 00:31 Bamford scores first goal for Leeds United in Carabao Cup win over...