High-heel wearing should not be forced, study says
More needs to be done to stop women being forced to wear high heels at work, Aberdeen researchers have said.
Calls to introduce a law banning companies from telling women to wear high heels at work were rejected by the government in April.
The issue was debated after one woman who was sent home for wearing flat shoes set up a petition.
The University of Aberdeen researchers recommended further investigation into the issue.
The review examined research into the physical damage and injury that can be caused, as well as the social and cultural aspects surrounding the wearing of high heels.
Is... read more
- 01:53 Smelly reeds in River Freshney to be cleared soon
- 01:53 Bernard Ingham: Maverick Trump shows us how to get tough with the EU
- 01:53 Next stop for health campervan
- 01:04 Revealed: First pictures of new £5 coin released by Royal Mint
- 01:04 Chris Moncrieff: May on brink as Corbyn awaits chance
- 01:04 Sunshine lifts Scots retailers but high street blues persist
- 00:53 Menopause: Lack of specialist care 'limits treatments'
- 00:41 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:41 Festivalgoers urged to get MMR jab as measles infection rate soars
- 00:41 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:41 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Young black men more like to be prosecuted over dispersal orders
- 00:40 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:52 80 jobs created as Leicester gas and electric firm joins with M&S...
- 00:40 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:40 Wembley stadium sale is backed if £600m investment goes to grassroots
- 00:40 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Sudoku 4115 medium
- 00:40 Papa John's founder says resigning over N-word use was a mistake
- 00:03 Canada's high Arctic glaciers at risk of disappearing completely,...
- 00:03 'This is your last chance for justice': Eric Garner's family wants...
- 23:56 Senate Democrats unveil bill to reunite immigrant families...
- 00:46 Fish oil for a healthy heart 'nonsense'
- 23:10 Morning mail: Obama rebukes Trump, doubts over Dutton crackdown,...
- 00:46 Too many babies overfed, experts fear
- 23:10 Parents of MH17 victims lash out at 'bully' Trump: 'You have no...
- 00:46 Sensible, family-loving teens behind pregnancy rate drop
- 23:10 How Maria Butina, accused Russian spy, worked her way into top US...
- 00:43 Holiday childcare: 'I'm lucky - my sister has my child'
- 00:40 BREAKING: Facebook data held by Cambridge Analytica was accessed by...