High blood pressure - more people would check their BP if they didn’t have to do THIS
High blood pressure affects about 25 per cent of all UK adults, said the NHS.
Having high blood pressure puts extra strain on your blood vessels and vital organs.
Hypertension increases the risk of heart disease, heart attacks and strokes.
But, 39 per cent of people said they were more likely to check their blood pressure if they didn’t have to go to the doctors, according to a survey by Braun.
Meanwhile, cutting back on coffee could help to lower your blood pressure.
More than four cups of coffee a day may increase your blood pressure, the NHS said.
It's okay to drink coffee in moderation,... read more
- 14:22 University of Leicester named on list of the world's best universities
- 14:21 A59 at Kex Gill: Repair dates unveiled for troubled route into...
- 14:21 Police hunt for wanted Berwick man
- 14:20 Brighter future for Sandsend’s church
- 14:19 Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s cut petrol prices
- 14:16 Birmingham pub bomb suspects won't be named
- 14:15 Transgender policy "does not put girls at risk", says Girlguiding
- 14:15 Anger as vulnerable Perry Barr residents 'left without heating for...
- 14:15 Drink driver crashed in Worksop
- 14:13 Swedish delegates visit Hull to learn how flood defence schemes are...
- 14:13 Pioneering head leaves Rugby Free Primary School
- 14:12 Height restriction removed from Alnwick homes permission
- 14:12 Council chiefs defend mayor’s £34,000 catering bill
- 14:12 Affordable housing concerns raised as new homes approved
- 14:12 Tiger Woods swinging the club better than ever before, says Phil...
- 14:11 Sheffield man jailed for ‘lorry surfing’ during fracking protest
- 14:11 Contractor working on Horncastle’s roadworks was lucky to avoid...
- 14:10 This is why Sheffield’s very first Mud Madness event for Bluebell...
- 14:10 Sheffield man jailed for ‘lorry surfing’ during fracking protest
- 14:10 FEATURE: The week Northampton became a 'student town' as thousands...
- 14:10 Well-known 'Hansel and Gretel' house in Leeds for sale
- 14:10 Leeds B&M refused to sell 15-rated DVD to 74-year-old grandmother...
- 14:10 Popular Leeds Chinese restaurant launches innovative winter menu...
- 14:10 Fabric shop in town centre on the move
- 14:10 Health and safety investigation underway after Ravensthorpe tragedy
- 14:10 Shocking camera footage shows an Eastwood man smashing a bottle on...
- 14:10 Sutton mum smashed ex’s windscreen with claw hammer
- 14:10 Jail for Mansfield boozer who assaulted girlfriend and knocked out...
- 14:10 Drink driver crashed in Worksop
- 14:08 Greg Wright: The banks must take a long, hard look in the mirror