Hero Ellesmere Port soldier ran from birthday bash to help Las Vegas massacre casualties
A hero soldier from Ellesmere Port abandoned his birthday celebrations to help the injured during the Las Vegas massacre.
Stuart Finlay was celebrating his 25th birthday when he heard shots fired and walked out to “everything unfolding around him.”
The shots were coming from a hotel window , down into the unwitting crowd at the 91 Harvest Route Festival.
Stephen Paddock had 23 guns in his hotel which he used to kill 58 people and injure hundreds more, before he turned a gun on himself.
Dad-of-one Stuart and two fellow soldiers left a restaurant on Nevada strip in Vegas only to be met by a... read more
- 07:52 Vaping can damage lungs, study funds
- 07:50 Jury in Ben Stokes affray trial will retire to consider verdict today
- 07:50 Third of homes in Scotland fail to live up to expectations
- 07:49 Investigation continues into death of baby found in Wesham
- 07:49 Live updates as Hull shop 'ram-raided' overnight
- 07:49 Car crashes into barriers outside Houses of Parliament
- 07:48 Arsonists hunted over blazes across South Yorkshire
- 07:48 Andy Murray takes positives from Lucas Pouille defeat in Cincinnati...
- 07:48 Investigation continues into death of baby found in Wesham
- 07:48 Turkish lira crisis: market jitters send Indian rupee to record low...
- 07:47 Diogo Dalot set to resume full training with Manchester United
- 07:47 Roger Federer begins US Open mind games with Novak Djokovic
- 07:47 Vaping can damage lungs, study funds
- 07:46 Venezuela crisis: Maduro to curb fuel subsidies
- 07:41 Third of homes in Scotland fail to live up to expectations
- 07:40 Metro Road Trip: Your summer pictures of the southern counties
- 07:38 This is when experts predict it will rain again in Leeds
- 07:35 Stratford Road caller rings 999 to ask where to buy baby milk
- 07:34 Cheshire archeologist who recovered famous bog body dies
- 07:32 What will be decided at Northamptonshire County Council cabinet...
- 07:29 Bus lane proposed for Lancaster’s Greyhound Bridge
- 07:28 Chelsea news: Asmir Begovic gives honest opinion on Kepa...
- 07:28 Jury in Ben Stokes affray trial to retire and consider verdicts
- 07:27 School cuts: ‘Children now raise money for their own education’
- 07:24 Pervert teenager threatened and manipulated underage girls to get...
- 07:23 Carlisle City Council paid £290,000 more than expected for new...
- 07:23 Paddy McLaughlin reflects on Hartlepool United’s difficult National...
- 07:22 Weighing in over cancelling David Lloyd fitness membership
- 07:19 Car egged and wrapped in cling film after being left on roadside...
- 07:18 Star Interview: 'Caring for people at their most vulnerable is the...