Heathrow Airport passport queues reach 2.5 hours
Delays at Heathrow Airport passport control left passengers queuing for up to two and a half hours last month, figures show.
On 30 out of 31 days in July, the border force missed its target of a 45-minute wait or less for 95% of visitors from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Virgin Atlantic, which obtained the data, said passengers are "frustrated".
The government said it is deploying 200 extra staff to Heathrow this summer.
According to the data, the longest immigration queues were on 6 July when travellers from outside the EEA - an area made up of 31 European countries... read more
- 04:55 Sean Ragoobeer's friends have paid these tributes on what would...
- 04:43 Fewer barbs across Korean border as South scales back fence
- 04:32 West Brom defender set for the exit as Albion learn EFL Cup second...
- 04:32 Garry Monk discusses Birmingham City's loan window plans as...
- 04:23 Google staff protest against plan for censored Chinese search engine
- 04:22 Radio 1's Greg James on breakfast and battling Taylor Swift fans
- 04:16 Stomp - Theatre Royal, Newcastle, until Saturday, August 18
- 04:05 Stomp - Theatre Royal, Newcastle, until Saturday, August 18
- 03:28 'Trojan Horse' hearings against teachers and governor cost £1.27m
- 03:16 Low-carb diets could shorten life, study suggests
- 03:16 Body scanners and sniffer dogs to target prison drugs
- 03:14 RIP Aretha Franklin: Five ways the Queen of Soul made history
- 03:14 Trump's 'dirty war' on media draws editorials in 300 US outlets
- 03:14 Liverpool refugee memorial torn down again
- 03:14 Theatre world needs a 'culture change' for parents
- 03:14 Green Man festival in the Brecon Beacons to attract 25,000
- 03:14 Stage Debut Awards: Aidan Turner and Bryan Cranston among nominees
- 03:14 Stormzy launches Cambridge scholarship for black students
- 03:14 Peterloo: London festival film to premiere - in Manchester
- 03:14 Cardi B to open MTV VMAs in first performance since giving birth
- 03:14 WWE: Peyton Royce hits back at 'body shaming' Meltzer
- 03:14 Scarlett Johansson is world's best-paid actress, Forbes says
- 03:14 Aretha Franklin: A life in pictures
- 03:08 Replacement building for burnt down warehouse to be given planning...
- 03:02 E-cigarettes can be key weapon against smoking, say MPs
- 02:44 Kerala floods: death toll reaches 86 in worst monsoon in nearly a...
- 02:44 The singer's singer: musicians pay tribute to Aretha Franklin
- 02:36 Sir Rod Stewart auctions furniture in Essex sale
- 02:36 B&Q owner Kingfisher sales rise during warm weather
- 02:36 Walmart shares up 10% on news of online sales lift