Heathrow Airport passport queues reach 2.5 hours
Delays at Heathrow Airport passport control left passengers queuing for up to two and a half hours last month, figures show.
On 30 out of 31 days in July, the border force missed its target of a 45-minute wait or less for 95% of visitors from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Virgin Atlantic, which obtained the data, said passengers are "frustrated".
The government said it is deploying 200 extra staff to Heathrow this summer.
According to the data, the longest immigration queues were on 6 July when travellers from outside the EEA - an area made up of 31 European countries... read more
- 19:22 Theresa May has 48 hours to deliver Brexit ‘Plan B’ or risk...
- 19:22 May's government survives no confidence vote
- 19:20 Melbourne becomes first city with all council infrastructure...
- 19:20 Moa for sale: trade in extinct birds' bones threatens New Zealand's...
- 19:20 Hillsborough police chief lacked knowledge of hazards, court hears
- 19:20 Industry alliance sets out $1bn to tackle oceans' plastic waste
- 19:20 Damian Hinds to lobby Treasury for multi-year education funds
- 19:18 Theresa May wins as Corbyn’s no confidence motion fails
- 19:18 Theresa May survives bid to force her from office
- 19:17 Streets shut in Wigan after 'structural problems' found with town...
- 19:16 Democrats ask Trump to delay State of the Union speech
- 19:13 Six in 10 wild coffee species endangered by habitat loss
- 19:13 ‘Living medicine’ helps make toxic ammonia breakthrough
- 19:13 Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa admits to watching...
- 19:12 Woman filmed dragging crying boy, 5, across hospital floor by his hair
- 19:11 Children living next door to tragic Birstall explosion site in...
- 19:11 Why council is paying compensation to man who has complained about...
- 19:10 NATIONAL: Toddler cried out ‘mummy’ before he was deliberately...
- 19:09 Theresa May attacked ahead of no confidence vote for ‘no authority...
- 19:09 Witham traders 'will lose money' as North Bridge closure causes...
- 19:04 Patisserie Valerie says its accounts were 'significantly manipulated'
- 19:04 Hundreds of new council homes will be built in Sheffield
- 19:04 LIVE – Prime Minister Theresa May faces vote of no confidence
- 19:03 Hull's NHS shells out £12m in a year in negligence claims
- 19:03 LIVE – Prime Minister Theresa May faces vote of no confidence
- 19:02 Scientists find ancient humanoid fossil has a surprisingly...
- 19:02 Coffee is under threat as 60 percent of species now face extinction
- 19:01 Harry Kane aiming for February return from injury in time for...
- 19:00 Watch police seize deadly weapons from car in Wolverhampton
- 19:00 Kate Middleton reveals activity Princess Charlotte is 'very keen'...