Heartbreak of children who just want a place to call their own after Tory cuts make them homeless
Yesterday, the Record told how families are being made homeless by the benefit cap and housed in filthy bed and breakfasts.
The perfect storm of soaring rents, a lack of social housing and the heartless Tory cap introduced in November, has led to women and children being evicted from their homes.
In Edinburgh, at least 15 single mums with more than 40 children have been evicted in the last three months as a result of welfare cuts.
There are more than 1700 children homeless in the capital – 1356 of them are under five years old.
Today, we tell the story of three more families trapped in the... read more
- 16:37 Revealed: £1.1 resurfacing programme on FOUR major Harrogate roads
- 16:37 Sun shines on the Bloxham Steam Rally
- 16:36 Maplin chain now completely closed
- 16:36 Tailbacks on A590 after collision
- 16:35 Sky boss calls for more women programmers as Leeds launches growth...
- 16:34 48 hours in Chicago: the ultimate two-day guide
- 16:34 Rhinos launch kids hospice grand car raffle
- 16:33 Smoking, chip pans and candles: Fires in your home could be prevented
- 16:33 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks
- 16:33 Adobe says it can identify manipulated images using AI
- 16:33 A Derbyshire pub is covered in St. George's spirit for the World...
- 16:32 Grimsby weather presenter Keeley Donovan shares video and photos of...
- 16:32 Police car attacked as officers called to disturbance on Grange estate
- 16:32 Man arrested in dawn operation in connection with sex offence...
- 16:31 This is why huge plumes of smoke could be seen across Birmingham today
- 16:31 Revealed: Nine of the UK’s 10 cheapest seaside towns are in Scotland
- 16:30 Gardener and girlfriend win £3million on Lottery scratchcard
- 16:30 Why police divers were at Noddle Hill Way pond in Bransholme
- 16:29 Appeal for public to support March of Remembrance in Padiham
- 16:29 Church children Lent their help to local NHS
- 16:29 Burnley community reads entire Bible at local church event
- 16:29 Deputy director from KGH up for national women’s award
- 16:29 Teacher's touching gesture to help all girls go to prom
- 16:28 Six people arrested after fight in Mansfield town centre
- 16:28 Woman struck by traffic light in Southam
- 16:27 Man runs into Market Harborough supermarket with knife wound to his...
- 16:27 Dormer House School performs A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 16:27 Trump repeats call to deprive undocumented migrants of due process
- 16:23 Stars on song at Northumberland Live
- 16:23 Smoking, chip pans and candles: Fires in your home could be prevented