Health board probe amid claims elderly patients at Lanarkshire hospital could have been given wrong drugs
Claims elderly patients at a specialist ward could have been given the wrong drugs are being investigated by a health board.
The probe was started after three students reported concerns to their lecturer when they returned from a work placement.
A nurse and two nursing assistants from the Lockhart Unit, based in Stonehouse Hospital, Lanarkshire, have been suspended.
The whistleblowing trainees, from the University of West of Scotland, claimed life-saving drugs were not administered properly by qualified staff.
They also alleged that patients were left dehydrated and not supplied with enough... read more
- 18:48 'Buy the man a pint' - readers react to hero dad who saved boy from...
- 18:48 Jos Buttler: matchwinner with the courage and ability not to become...
- 18:48 Portugal vs Iran LIVE STREAM: How to watch Ronaldo in World Cup...
- 18:46 A590 clear after collision brings tailbacks
- 18:44 Citing Trump, woman in video calls Latino man 'rapist, animal, drug...
- 18:44 British driver clocked at 165mph during secret race in France
- 18:43 Music Review Swift lives up to her reputation
- 18:41 World Cup fans panic after Mohamed Salah’s subdued goal celebration...
- 18:38 Travel insurance to get easier to find for cancer sufferers and...
- 18:37 Southampton baby death: Teenager denies son's murder
- 18:34 Boris Johnson flew to Afghanistan to avoid Heathrow vote
- 18:33 Police issue warning after Cumbria hit by phone scam
- 18:33 Crossword roundup: more geometry and politics than football
- 18:32 CO2 shortage: Coca-Cola pauses production at some plants
- 18:31 Is this China's next aircraft carrier? Design of Beijing's third...
- 18:30 Gareth Southgate must weigh up options for England v Belgium decider
- 18:30 Bath and Wells Diocese to sell 12th Century office
- 18:30 Sir Jeremy Heywood to take break for cancer treatment
- 18:25 Train speed restrictions introduced as Britain faces 10-day heatwave
- 18:25 Disgraced bank manager given 2nd chance - and plunders coach firm's...
- 18:25 Mystery and sadness over death of much-loved swan in Sefton Park
- 18:24 Chester FC complete double swoop as Jon Moran and John Pritchard sign
- 18:24 What the law says you're allowed to do if you see a dog locked in a...
- 18:24 Chelsea transfer news: Manolas and Rugani ‘talks’, Hazard to Real...
- 18:24 Dele Alli injury: Gareth Southgate offers update on Spurs star...
- 18:23 Firearms incident: West Yorkshire Police called to street after...
- 18:22 Humans ‘probably only intelligent life in the Universe’
- 18:19 Peter Gordon obituary
- 18:18 Kristian Pedersen has this Birmingham City message and fans are...
- 18:18 Eva Longoria shares first photo of adorable newborn baby son