Health and Care Awards 2017: Why care home group Hica could come top for innovation
They are constantly on the look out for ways to improve the wellbeing of their care home residents.
And now Hull and East Riding based care home group Hica is in the running for a Hull Daily Mail Health and Care Awards.
Leading the way when it comes to innovative practice, the group has invested in tablet computers in 14 of its care homes to help residents better stay in touch with their families across the world.
Hica Group chief executive Penni Brown said: “The tablet computers will allow Hica Group activity coordinators to communicate, access reminiscence activities with residents,... read more
- 23:28 Tanzania hunt for top ivory-sniffing dog
- 23:26 You’ll never guess what happened when this woman tried to take a...
- 23:28 Tanzania and Kenya row over delay to wildebeest migration
- 23:26 Dad murdered toddler by hurling her against wall after argument...
- 10:57 Married to the job: Bodicote woman involved in thousands of lives...
- 23:26 Boy, 15, plotting Columbine-style massacre in Yorkshire jailed for...
- 23:28 German bus knife attack leaves several wounded
- 23:28 Italy's Salvini sues anti-mafia writer for 'underworld' jibe
- 23:26 Here are our favourite pictures from the Astronomy Photographer of...
- 23:26 When is the lunar eclipse during July 2018 and is it a Blood Moon?
- 23:28 Nine US 'duck boat' victims from the same family - governor
- 23:28 Israel carries out Gaza strikes as soldier dies from gunshot
- 23:26 Severely distressed husky locked in car ‘for two hours’ collapses...
- 23:26 Two boys, 15, named after being jailed for plotting...
- 23:28 Trump 'secretly recorded discussing payment to Playboy model'
- 23:26 Cow headbutts man and breaks his jaw
- 10:57 Work starts on bridge damaged by Storm Desmond
- 23:26 Al Qaeda bomb-maker jailed for life after plotting knife attack...
- 23:26 Baby born in Chick-Fil-A restroom gets free nuggets for life
- 23:26 Does cooking kill listeria and what are the symptoms to look out for?
- 23:26 Circus act ‘hits clown’ after being blasted from cannon
- 23:26 Donald Trump’s lawyer secretly recorded president discussing...
- 23:26 ‘#ElonMuskDidNothingWrong’: Elon Musk’s ‘pedo guy’ Twitter outburst...
- 10:53 Forfar boss Jim Weir looking for players to build on display in...
- 10:53 Montrose boss Stewart Petrie maintaining mantra despite winning...
- 23:26 Derbyshire shopkeeper will keep selling Golliwogs because ‘they...
- 23:26 Amesbury Novichok victim Charlie Rowley released from hospital
- 10:53 Toulon was perfect preparation for new season, says Jason Kerr
- 23:26 Union tells government to declare rail ‘crisis’ as national emergency
- 10:53 East Fife need to turn chances into goals