Haunted by horror: Life in the tiny village rocked by crossbow murder
It is a quiet hamlet with a cluster of houses and a handful of horses - a place so tranquil and unobtrusive that sometimes the chorus of birdsong is all that resonates around the sleepy East Riding village.
But a year ago, residents in Southburn had their world turned upside down when their village became wrapped in a police cordon following one of the most shocking murders ever witnessed in the region.
After a crossbow killer entered the home of Shane Gilmer and his pregnant partner Laura Sugden, the dad-of-three was shot dead, leading to the police ordering for the whole village to be... read more
- 11:42 Emery grabs the only goal as Town take another step to title
- 11:42 Drunk driver arrested for hit and run in Selby
- 11:42 Apprentices from Burnley blazing a trail for business success in...
- 11:41 Automation could replace 1.5 million jobs, says ONS
- 11:40 UB40’s Brian Travers has brain tumour, thanks fans letting him...
- 11:40 How Tesco is changing the way it sells fruit and veg
- 11:40 DWP staff reveal the truth about Universal Credit
- 11:40 Meet the bikers fighting back against the thieves taking their...
- 11:40 Spring clean to be held in Wooler
- 11:40 Treble tops for Warwickshire Bears but Ash almost bailed out
- 11:40 Brave six-year-old Sophia donates bone marrow to little brother
- 11:40 'Witch-hunt' claim as Labour leader reacts to meeting on Arch concerns
- 11:40 This former Birmingham City man is on the lookout for yet ANOTHER club
- 11:40 Man stabbed in Shrewsbury town centre in broad daylight at 8.30am...
- 11:40 Two dead after horror Market Drayton crash involving motorbike and...
- 11:39 Fancy a new build home in Mansfield Woodhouse?
- 11:39 Joan Hoggett death: Top prosecutor urges people to have their say...
- 11:39 Police are hunting this taxi driver after hit and run in York
- 11:38 Gainsborough sight loss support group issues call for volunteers
- 11:37 What will happen to the EHIC after Brexit?
- 11:37 Teenager arrested after police raid finds knife and shotgun in flat
- 11:37 Student sleeps for three weeks at a time because of ‘sleeping...
- 11:37 Bailiff gets her car clamped while on the job for parking on...
- 11:37 Teachers would back car-free roads outside schools, survey suggests
- 11:37 Criminals smuggling drugs and phones into prison in dead rats
- 11:37 Brexit: EU says no-deal is now ‘increasingly likely’
- 11:36 Take That will be on the big screen in Halifax for one night only
- 11:35 Plans for 130 homes in Hampton Magna recommended for approval
- 11:35 The weird and wonderful journey our water takes before we drink it
- 11:35 Alan Moore 'impressed' by Northampton Film Festival