Has Trump pulled off unlikely economic miracle? US economy confounds forecasters
Business investment on new equipment increased by 8.6 per cent annualised rate.
And the unemployment rate has also fallen to 4.2 per cent.
All of this has occurred before the Republicans have even delivered on their tax cut and reform package.
The motive behind these proposed movements by the Republicans is to lower marginal income tax rates and to slash the US federal corporate income tax rate from 35 per cent to 20 per cent.
Once it has passed through congress the tax package may have been altered substantially.
If the package is secured economists such as Lauren Kotlikoff, Seth Benzes... read more
- 17:23 Man dies after getting hit by tree as Storm Ali claims its...
- 17:22 Jellyfish robots to watch over endangered coral reefs
- 17:22 Police investigating Crosby Leisure Centre sex act release images...
- 17:22 Illegal worker hid in cupboard at popular city restaurant
- 17:20 Calderdale extends response deadline for draft Local Plan to noon...
- 17:18 #KindrGrindr: Gay dating app launches anti-racism campaign
- 17:17 Here's why super-fast internet could reach 'nearly every building...
- 17:17 EU wants 'full picture' on Amazon data use
- 17:15 Champion of Cockermouth celebrated at her funeral
- 17:15 Hindley pub murder investigation: Man arrested after turning...
- 17:14 Family of murdered schoolgirl, 10, launch campaign to keep killer...
- 17:14 PICTURES: Wakefield welcomes the Rifles Regiment with pride
- 17:12 Boss Austin demands Cobblers players ‘fight for the badge’ on the...
- 17:12 Police release CCTV images after burglars steal jewellery from home
- 17:12 High winds cause fire to spread at farm in South Croxton
- 17:11 Foreign Office warns dual nationals not to go to Iran
- 17:11 Ingoldmells head teacher who has become ‘a legend’ celebrates 100th...
- 17:09 DNA spray to help tag offenders to their crimes in police trial
- 17:09 Crack addict handbag thief seen acting weird behind a tree wrestles...
- 17:09 Harsh winter cost Solihull half-a-million pounds, figures reveal
- 17:08 Calderdale extends response deadline for draft Local Plan to noon...
- 17:07 What we know so far about the tragic death at Russells Circus
- 17:07 Fallen trees brought down by Storm Ali's strong winds cause traffic...
- 17:06 Mustafa Badreddine Street sparks outrage in Lebanon
- 17:06 Faces of SIX men in pub car park brawl where starter pistol was fired
- 17:06 Cockermouth Round Table to hold fundraising duck race
- 17:06 Planners take crunch vote on Workington Travelodge project
- 17:05 Internet ‘double edged sword’ for mental health says Hartlepool...
- 17:04 Theresa May told Brexit plans must be ‘reworked’ as time runs out
- 17:02 CSIC partners with SFHA to innovative social housing sector