Harlequins 5-35 London Irish: Bottom club storm to emphatic victory as Piet van Zyl crosses twice
Piet van Zyl scored two tries as an excellent all-round display from London Irish gave them a 35-5 victory over Harlequins at the Stoop - just their third win of Aviva Premiership season.
The visitors thought they had their first points in the fourth minute, but Alex Lewington's effort was chalked off after referee Ian Tempest adjudged James Marshall's final pass to have been forward.
Irish eventually did get the first points, with Tom Fowlie bursting through the hosts defence before offloading to Van Zyl to finish off.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Gloucester pull out of race to sign... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle