Halifax Christmas Lights switch on: Everything you need to know
The big day has arrived as Halifax get set to greet the festive season in style with its Christmas Lights switch on.
The switch-on in Halifax will see a world record attempt for the biggest ever gathering of people dressed as snowmen.
READ MORE: Here's where you can get the festive feeling in Calderdale
A fun-filled programme has been announced for the switch-on event, which last year saw thousands of people in attendance.
Danny and Rosie from Pulse FM will host the event, which marks the official start of Christmas in Halifax, and there will be appearances by pantomime characters from this... read more
- 02:10 Sick refugees on Manus and Nauru to be sent to Christmas Island not...
- 02:10 16 US states sue over Trump border wall emergency declaration
- 02:07 Arsene Wenger appears to disagree with Maurizio Sarri over how best...
- 01:54 Labour warned more MPs 'thinking long and hard' about futures
- 01:50 No points punishment as Leeds United are hit with fine by EFL for...
- 01:45 Sheela-na-gigs: The naked women adorning Britain's churches
- 01:45 Stephen Lawrence: How has his murder changed policing?
- 01:45 Birmingham bin row: Workers start latest strike action
- 01:29 Top Gear season 26 episode 1 review: is the show finally back on...
- 01:28 Australia's drought leading to 'suffering' of children, UN warns
- 01:23 Police search for missing UK and French tourists at beach near Port...
- 01:14 US states sue Trump over border wall
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Labour split comes at fractious time for...
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Attitudes to clothing must shift from...
- 00:59 Green anger at SNP for bowing to ‘right-wing voices’ over income tax
- 00:58 Justin Trudeau's top adviser resigns as 'political meddling'...
- 00:53 The long and contentious story of the £1bn Aberdeen bypass
- 00:53 Puppy and kitten pet shop sales could be banned in Wales
- 00:53 Glasgow's alcohol court to deal with domestic abuse
- 00:53 Premature baby born in Vietnam arrives home in Wales
- 00:45 Viewpoint: Should Britain apologise for Amritsar massacre?
- 00:34 Chelsea 0-2 Manchester United: player ratings from Stamford Bridge
- 00:34 Arsène Wenger says giving Mesut Özil new deal left player in...
- 00:28 Gilets jaunes: How much anti-Semitism is beneath the yellow vests?
- 00:25 Could hackers 'brainjack' your memories in future?
- 00:25 How Brexit hit the pound in your pocket
- 00:24 Martin Compston says Still Game could make a comeback - after...
- 00:21 Sudoku 4,299 medium
- 00:17 Man Utd boss Solskjaer hails one star’s FANTASTIC job at Chelsea:...
- 00:15 One in four girls or women can’t afford sanitary products