Guardian reports 11.3% gender pay gap
The gender pay gap at Guardian News & Media is 11.3% – calculated by mean hourly pay – the company has reported as part of the government’s compulsory gender pay gap initiative.
GNM said 65% of its top-paid workers are men, while 57% of the lowest paid are women. The pay gap is similar to the BBC, where women earn an average of 10.7% less. Earlier on Wednesday, ITN reported a 19.6% pay gap.
When the GNM figures are broken down between editorial and non-editorial roles, they show a gender pay gap in editorial of 7.4%. The figure widens in non-editorial roles, where the hourly pay gap is... read more
- 08:22 Celtic team news: Expected Hoops XI for Rosenborg showdown, Rodgers...
- 08:22 Casualty released after crash between car and van near Melton
- 08:22 Tesco to launch new chain of discount stores called Jack’s to...
- 08:22 Shops caught selling knives to children in Rotherham
- 08:22 Blackpool family call on Foreign Office to help Charles
- 08:22 Congregation slump signals North Shore church’s axe
- 08:21 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 08:21 Drivers warned to take extra care as Storm Ali hits the North East
- 08:20 Lionel Messi overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo’s phenomenal Champions...
- 08:19 Suzuki makes a Swift first impression
- 08:19 Drivers warned to take extra care as Storm Ali hits the North East
- 08:18 Tesco to launch new chain of discount stores called Jack’s to...
- 08:17 Detectives have 'genuine concerns for welfare' of man missing from...
- 08:17 Danez Smith: US poet is youngest ever Forward Prize winner
- 08:17 Bamber Bridge 2, Mossley 1
- 08:16 Valium: What is it used for and why are people buying it on...
- 08:16 Storm Ali set to miss Merseyside but Met Office warns of bad news...
- 08:15 It'll Be Alright On The Night host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 08:15 Danez Smith becomes youngest winner of Forward poetry prize
- 08:13 Shocking footage of huge fire tearing through Royalty Cinema in...
- 08:11 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 08:11 Broken down vehicle causing rush-hour delays on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 08:11 ‘Our five-year-old daughter waited two years for a cancer diagnosis...
- 08:10 TV presenter Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 08:10 Two hurt as car hits people near mosque on Edgware Road
- 08:09 Police close a section of A1 near Grantham after crash
- 08:09 School anniversary celebrations: Royd Nursery Infant and Deepcar...
- 08:08 'Premier front four, Unibond back three' - West Brom fans have...
- 08:07 No-deal Brexit to fuel £1,500 rise in cost of EU car in UK, says...
- 08:07 Sky Q customers can now get Netflix integrated into their service