Grenfell Tower: Theresa May will 'always regret' her reaction
Prime Minister Theresa May has said she will "always regret" not meeting the residents of Grenfell Tower in the immediate aftermath of the disaster.
Writing in the Evening Standard, Mrs May said she understood her actions may have made it appear she "didn't care".
Ahead of Thursday's one-year anniversary, she said she wanted to make clear that was "never the case".
A total of 72 people died as a result of the blaze, the judge-led inquiry into the fire has said.
This includes Maria Del Pilar Burton, 74, who died in January. She had been in hospital since she was... read more
- 11:13 County welcomed over ten million visitors last year
- 11:13 Wyre Council’s call to help catch Fleetwood park vandals
- 11:12 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:12 Hull gran: 'My trampy sofa has sagged since I bought it - but...
- 11:11 Popular great-great-grandmother celebrates 100th birthday
- 11:11 Remember these favourite shops from bygone Hartlepool?
- 11:11 Man jailed for stealing £13,000 from his own family
- 11:11 Bridlington students celebrate A-level results
- 11:10 The outdoors summer has a sting in the tail for South Shore-based...
- 11:10 Burnley community farm march to Martin Mere
- 11:10 Travellers leave 'human excrement' in bushes after leaving Ormsgill...
- 11:09 Armed police escort doctor off EasyJet plane in row over leg room
- 11:09 Planning permission granted to convert listed building near Rugby...
- 11:08 Luton Town chairman urges fans to stop chants in support of Tommy...
- 11:09 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:08 Team Sky’s Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome to ride in Tour of Britain
- 11:08 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:08 Rise in car thefts in North Yorkshire, latest police data reveals
- 11:06 Mariah Carey teaches daughter to 'pose like mommy' on luxury yacht...
- 11:06 John Swinney: No "morale crisis" among Scots teachers
- 11:05 Lady Lumley's School produce record A-level results
- 11:04 Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui told to swoop for Crystal Palace...
- 11:03 Victor the polar bear undergoes pollen allergy test at Yorkshire...
- 11:03 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:03 English Martyrs celebrates 99% A-level pass rate
- 11:03 AMP to compensate super investors after fresh humiliation at royal...
- 11:03 Should US mothers be paid for life-saving cord blood or placentas?
- 11:03 Dozens of homes face several hours with no or little water after...
- 11:02 A-levels 2017: Your results guide for Halifax
- 11:02 Last chance to visit Shibden Hall before it closes for filming for...