Grenfell Tower: Survivor says he will be haunted for life by what he saw
A Grenfell Tower survivor who escaped from the 19th floor of the burning building has said he will be haunted for life by the sight of the raging fire.
Nicholas Burton had lived in the tower block since 1984 and was rescued with his sick wife by firefighters around two and a half hours after the blaze began.
The 50-year-old has since met with Prime Minister Theresa May three times and worked with fellow survivors to ensure more vulnerable victims are receiving enough information.
Six weeks on from the fire he is plagued by respiratory problems, suffering from a persistent cough and episodes... read more
- 20:58 Special showing of ITV series at caravan park
- 14:18 Persimmon homeowners in Newquay warn would-be buyers with signs
- 10:43 Woman threatens to punch babies if she sees mums breastfeeding
- 14:18 West Ham transfer news: Deal for Swansea star Alfie Mawson could...
- 16:54 More big events at De Montfort Hall after £582k live music plan...
- 16:54 Crime in Cheshire soars by almost a third over 12 month period
- 16:54 Tomorrow is being labelled as 'Frantic Friday' - and drivers could...
- 16:54 Norovirus strikes down families across Merseyside as outbreak...
- 16:54 Get on your bike and enjoy Yorkshire's cycle highways
- 20:58 NSPCC teams up with a Worksop housing project for It’s Not OK campaign
- 18:59 Poundworld to close all high street stores
- 17:26 Thousands sign petition demanding Andrew Griffiths quits after sex...
- 16:54 Firefighters on scene in Northampton after reports of smoke coming...
- 16:54 Weekend weather round-up: What to expect in Yorkshire over the next...
- 16:54 You can now fly directly from Leeds to Iceland at budget prices
- 14:18 NHS boss wants Lancashire learning disability unit closed
- 17:26 Boozy World Cup fan caught drink-driving as he dashed to McDonald’s
- 14:18 Preston North End’s opponents West Ham have had a busy summer
- 17:19 Rare crayfish are to blame for ‘unkept’ grass at retirement housing...
- 17:19 US Naval Attaché set to visit Whitehaven
- 20:58 Keep BBQs off Winter Hill, say firefighters
- 19:31 Four-week-old baby girl found 'safe and well' after carjacking ordeal
- 14:18 In pictures: Starbeck in Bloom’s 20th anniversary celebrations
- 14:18 VIDEO: Blackpool beauty queen Joanna wins the crown at world pageant
- 17:19 Peak District wildfire fund launched after spate of moorland blazes
- 14:55 Harrogate nurseries could be first in England to see bills halved
- 17:19 New police figures reveal West Yorkshire in top 5 areas for...
- 18:59 Bentley's Stefan Sielaff: Driving force
- 14:18 Sellafield launches three-person car sharing rule
- 20:58 Landmark for Bassetlaw Hospital department celebrated