Grenfell Tower fire mental health treatment 'to cost £10m'
Mental health treatment for people affected by the Grenfell Tower fire is expected to cost the NHS more than £10m within two years of the tragedy.
The Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust said it had spent £4.1m on mental health services in the last financial year.
About 700 adults and children are currently being treated.
The trust predicts it will spend £6.5m more in the year to April 2019.
Extra money to help those affected by the fire, which killed 72 people, was given to the trust by NHS England.
About 2,400 survivors and bereaved families have been screened to decide... read more
- 05:21 Rowleys marks 135 years as Leicestershire’s longest established...
- 05:17 Fighting school holiday hunger in Birkenhead
- 05:10 Report claims 4x4 vehicles are causing 'systematic damage' to the...
- 05:10 Disabled pensioners says it is impossible to cross Jubilee Bridge...
- 05:10 Rusland Show returns for 'brilliant' 135th year
- 05:05 Second Brexit referendum 'the only way', says Coventry Lib Dem
- 05:05 Revealed: Number of unqualified teachers in Coventry schools
- 05:04 Australian military help rescue survivors of Solomon Islands attack...
- 05:04 Russian presence divides Czechs 50 years after Prague Spring
- 05:03 Report claims 4x4 vehicles are causing 'systematic damage' to the...
- 05:03 How you could have lung cancer - without any symptoms at all
- 05:01 Highly contagious fatal fish virus found at two Lincolnshire lakes
- 05:01 2,300 pieces of criminal property allegedly found at shop on coast
- 04:53 Minimum wage crisis as families fall £49 a week short of providing...
- 04:53 We must legalise, regulate and educate on drugs to help kids...
- 04:53 Driver's 12-hour search after Scottish Power move his Mercedes to...
- 04:53 Glasgow City Council demand Hampden remains National Stadium in...
- 04:49 Hospital safety improvements could save $1.5bn a year, health...
- 04:49 Kindergarten dresses children as jihadists for parade in Indonesia
- 04:47 Crazy Rich Asians tops US box office in weekend debut
- 04:30 California wildfires: Ferguson Fire near Yosemite contained
- 04:07 'Stupid' driver who did 140mph during M1 chase only had provisional...
- 04:07 Leicester gang tried to smuggle 5 MILLION illegal cigarettes into UK
- 03:21 Malcolm Turnbull says Peter Dutton has given him 'absolute support'
- 02:56 Nauru hunger strike: Border Force abandons multiple attempts to...
- 02:56 Sinking Leeds United crash to another defeat at Brentford
- 02:55 Burt Reynolds regrets turning down James Bond and Star Wars but...
- 02:47 Black Country drug dealer forced to pay back £60,000
- 02:37 North Korea to host emotional family reunions
- 02:37 Kerala floods: Relief teams rescue 22,000 as rains ease