Grenfell Inquiry: What five reports reveal
Five reports have been published at the start of the fact-finding stage of the public inquiry into the Grenfell Tower fire, in which 72 people died. They cover the tower's safety measures, how the fire spread and the evacuation. Here are the key findings.
Professor Niamh Nic Daeid: Cause and spread of fire Professor Nic Daeid, an expert in forensic science at the University of Dundee, concluded there was "insufficient information and analysis" to determine the exact cause of the fire which occurred in flat 16 on the 4th floor of Grenfell Tower.
Her report said the fire began in... read more
- 14:29 Expect the unexpected!: Pendle road safety group's awareness event...
- 14:29 The Real Schools Guide: Search for your secondary school
- 14:29 Concern for man who has gone missing while visiting Leicester
- 14:29 Can you get out of the car if you're stuck in a motorway jam? The...
- 14:29 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:28 Wave of support for conservation
- 14:28 Man to face trial over Roker Avenue rape allegation
- 14:28 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Leeds mum accused of allowing son to ‘rot to death’ tells jury: ‘I...
- 14:27 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Ice cream doesn’t actually cool you down (so here’s what to do in...
- 14:27 Donald Trump blasts restaurant that booted out his press secretary
- 14:26 Mud and rain are part of festival season – sexual harassment and...
- 14:26 Soap stars scouted out to be skills ambassadors
- 14:26 Harley-Davidson to shift some production out of US over EU tariffs
- 14:26 Oil firm headed by Tory donor refused to pay £14m consultancy bill
- 14:25 Drunk who threatened to chop off teenager’s fingers with meat...
- 14:25 Friars Square has the best shopping centre security team in the...
- 14:24 Male students in England and Wales more likely to kill themselves
- 14:24 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:23 Barcelona transfer news: Antoine Griezmann snub theory discussed by...
- 14:23 Anger over alleged bus fare increases across Sheffield
- 14:23 How hot does it have to be before you can legally leave work?
- 14:22 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:22 HS2 protestor locks minister in Kenilworth farm during 'green...
- 14:22 Open garden event at stunning Ribble Valley home
- 14:21 Why Gavin Williamson is blackmailing Theresa May with a £20bn threat
- 14:21 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:21 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks -...
- 14:19 Business column: Lee Kenny looks at the many challenges faced by...