Great British Bake Off star Terry's secret tragedy as death of wife is revealed
Karen and Terry have left the The Great British Bake Off together in a double exit.
Kim-Joy was named Star Baker as the pair were evicted from the Bake Off tent, following a week when all contestants were allowed to remain.
Good friends Terry, 56, and Karen, 60, failed to impress in their Spice Week challenges.
While Terry Hartill was baking he was also suffering the heartbreak of losing his soulmate Joanna.
It has now been revealed that he lost his partner a year ago after she died from cancer, reports WalesOnline.
His family now say the show has helped the grieving process.
Fans of the... read more
- 10:05 Police appeal after fatal RTC in Belchford
- 10:04 LETTER: Well-meaning fundraisers causing damage to Scafell Pike
- 10:04 COMMENT: Help us double the number of beds at Bury Hospice
- 10:04 Scrutiny Panel wants ‘evidence and reassurance’ over Louth Hospital...
- 10:04 Sir Michael Caine - story of a British film icon
- 10:04 Man Utd team news: Expected XI for trip to Chelsea, Jose Mourinho...
- 10:04 Literary talent spotter is on the hunt for would-be novelists in York
- 10:04 Man City team news: Expected line-up vs Burnley, Pep Guardiola to...
- 10:04 7 West Yorkshire colleges unite to battle skills gap
- 10:03 Doncaster fatal crash tragedy is not thought to have been down to...
- 10:03 Leisure centre wish-list views wanted
- 10:03 Paddle boarders raise RNLI funds
- 10:02 Call for action after rise in religious hate crime incidents
- 10:02 'Thank you for staying and caring for our son in his dying moments'...
- 10:02 Principal swaps roles to mark Colleges Week
- 10:02 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 10:02 Hull businesswoman speaks out on menopause - and why it isn't a taboo
- 10:02 Edinburgh restaurants join campaign to help feed the homeless
- 10:01 Manchester Arena bombing: Pre-inquest review into victims' deaths...
- 10:01 UK retail sales in steepest drop since March
- 10:00 Man seriously ill after attack in Barnsley
- 09:59 Banksy: How Love is in the Bin's shredding did not go to plan
- 09:59 In pictures: The changing face of hospitals in Leeds over the years
- 09:59 Residents Against Rudd Quarry Extension to hold public meeting
- 09:58 Scrutiny Panel wants ‘evidence and reassurance’ over Louth Hospital...
- 09:57 Israel embassy move: Morrison says there's no evidence 'at this...
- 09:56 Stephanie Davis admits heartbreaking alcoholism, depression and...
- 09:56 Call for action after rise in religious hate crime incidents
- 09:56 Aston Villa loan man: 'I didn’t really get my chance in the UK'
- 09:56 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle