Great Ayton holiday village plans to see number of chalets reduced by more than two thirds
Summerhouse Architects Controversial £9m plans for a holiday village will again be put before councillors - after the proposal was scrapped at the last minute in the summer.
Hambleton Council was due to decide the fate of Angrove Country Park, proposed for land between Great Ayton and Stokesley , in June.
But the applicant, local farmer Alan Petch, pulled the plans at the 11th hour after developers acknowledged that the number of chalets - 179 - would have “too great an impact”.
Mr Petch, who says he is hoping to encourage tourism and boost jobs with the development of his green holiday... read more
- 16:54 Arsenal transfer news: Update in Man Utd deal, £18m Emery blow,...
- 16:54 Want to work with animals? These jobs vacancies could be perfect...
- 16:54 Serious crash near to hospital closes part of A38 - updates
- 16:53 New Lions ready to roar into action
- 16:51 Facebook working on ‘Time Well Spent’ feature to help tech junkies...
- 16:51 Ronnie Ortiz-Magro's ex Jen Harley arrested for 'beating up' Jersey...
- 16:51 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:51 TOWIE's Lauren Pope displays her gym-honed figure in skimpy striped...
- 16:51 Lucy Mecklenburgh sports a low-cut leopard print dress as she and...
- 16:51 Evangeline Lilly talks faith and fame as she slips into a bikini to...
- 16:50 Chelsea transfer news: Eden Hazard to Real Madrid ‘likely’, Man...
- 16:50 South Northants MP welcomes Euro Garage defeat
- 16:50 Pam celebrates her 102nd birthday at Old Dalby home
- 16:49 EYMS is looking for trainee bus drivers in Hull - here's how to apply
- 16:49 Bedworth murder: Four men arrested over death in flat
- 16:49 Tesco to scrap its price-matching ‘Brand Guarantee’ scheme
- 16:48 Bakewell school high-altitude pudding experiment lost in Lincolnshire
- 16:48 Boy airlifted to hospital after crash near Boston
- 16:48 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:47 Warning after spike in bike thefts in Castleford, Normanton and...
- 16:47 Ulverston gardens the pick of the bunch during open weekend
- 16:47 BBC Look North's Keeley Donovan reveals photos of her rustic...
- 16:47 Ilkeston cabbies to be trained to spot danger signs of abuse
- 16:46 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:46 New flats for the over 60s holding open days in North Tyneside
- 16:46 A whale of a time with North Shields exhibition
- 16:45 Love Island's Alex and Ellie in explosive row as he brands her...
- 16:45 UPDATE: Mum’s thank you after boy survives 40ft cliff plunge
- 16:45 Buzz Aldrin is suing two of his children over 'misusing' his finances
- 16:45 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo