Grant Leadbitter impressed by Middlesbrough's strength in depth despite lack of game time
Grant Leadbitter is looking at the bigger picture after leading Middlesbrough through to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup last night.
The Boro captain has played just twice in the Championship this campaign, after falling down the pecking order in central midfield at the Riverside.
But Leadbitter, 32, believes the competition for places is a good thing, with the Teessiders pushing for promotion back to the Premier League.
Boro manager Tony Pulis named a young side as Boro overcame Preston 4-3 on penalties at Deepdale, with no fewer than ten academy graduates playing their part.
And... read more
- 17:00 Senior GP 'took £180,000 from elderly patient and spent it on herself'
- 16:59 Macron's opulent speech backdrop not lost on gilets jaunes
- 16:59 Dover checks ‘would take eight hours per lorry’ in no-deal Brexit
- 16:59 'Stansted 15': open letter calls for activists to be spared jail
- 16:58 Road closed following serious crash in Lancaster
- 16:57 Wakefield Council denies 'unreasonable behaviour' claim in Co-op...
- 16:56 Police appeal after hit-and-run involving 14-year-old boy in South...
- 16:56 £130,000 miners’ memorial to be built in Doncaster after...
- 16:56 Lincolnshire County Council considers a 3.95% increase in council tax
- 16:55 Lincolnshire County Council considers a 3.95% increase in council tax
- 16:54 Trees of Light: help Myton Hospices by giving to Leamington Rotary...
- 16:54 That weird piece of fluff in your house could be ALIVE
- 16:54 Rush hour traffic disruption after multi-vehicle collision
- 16:53 Jobs bosses back roll-out of Universal Credit in St Helens
- 16:53 St Helens to welcome more refugees in 2019
- 16:53 ‘Star’ of notorious supermarket catfight video says she’s turned...
- 16:53 Stickers being used to tell Lichfield and Burntwood residents not...
- 16:53 Rock and roll icon Ricky Nelson’s music coming to the Lichfield...
- 16:52 Poignant Slight Night rendition at Derian House Lights of Love
- 16:52 Tragedy as woman, 32, dies in Bransholme crash
- 16:51 Swing Ting: the Manchester rave that launched a thousand gunfingers
- 16:51 Welcome to the bum-hood: who thought putting a hood on a skirt was...
- 16:49 Wakefield city centre's street drinking problem getting worse,...
- 16:49 Manchester United and Jose Mourinho enter race to sign Bordeaux...
- 16:48 This is why a thick fog has descended on Leeds and this is how long...
- 16:47 Brexit deal ‘cannot be changed’, Angela Merkel tells Theresa May
- 16:46 £130,000 miners’ memorial to be built in Doncaster after...
- 16:46 Lincolnshire County Council considers a 3.95% increase in council tax
- 16:46 Multi-million pound council house revamp put on hold in Birmingham
- 16:46 Argos launches £15,000 giveaway - and there are prizes hidden...