Graham Coxon: 'I was a mardy brat in my 20s … I'm quite mellow now'
Graham Coxon enters the studio through a thick cloud of vapour. “Banana and yoghurt,” he announces cheerfully. I had expected Coxon to be a bit more taciturn, given his reputation as the second least chatty member of Blur. But earlier, as I waited outside, I heard him loudly, happily tootling a song to himself. As he vapes, he fizzes with enthusiasm, his body barely still for a second, even when he is trying to sit down and talk. “I can get quite stressed,” he says, shuffling in his seat, “but I’m in a good mood when I’m in the studio.”
We are in London’s Konk Studios, near where Coxon... read more
- 15:19 Arrest after armed police called to St Annes
- 15:19 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:19 Strasbourg attack: 'It lasted for minutes, but felt like hours'
- 15:19 Major Shefield road to be closed for resurfacing works
- 15:19 Archdeacon Michael: Just where do festive traditions come from
- 15:18 More than 100 new student flats to be built on site of former hotel
- 15:18 Prolific Sunderland car thief will spend Christmas behind bars
- 15:18 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:17 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:17 This is how you can cook a WHOLE Christmas dinner using just TWO pans
- 15:17 The most dramatic and shocking photos of the Sheffield Blitz
- 15:17 This might just be the best Elf on the Shelf idea yet
- 15:16 Pope demotes two cardinals over sexual abuse scandals
- 15:16 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...
- 15:15 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...
- 15:15 Licence could be stripped from Doncaster shop owner after ‘smuggled...
- 15:15 These are the people police urgently want to speak to in Calderdale
- 15:14 Woman says she cleared her eczema by giving up coffee, eggs, milk,...
- 15:14 Sunderland goes mad over Christmas elves - city comes second in...
- 15:13 Killer dad dumped dying baby outside hospital ‘like sack of...
- 15:13 Bottle shop in Northampton hopes to add bar area
- 15:11 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...
- 15:11 Licence could be stripped from Doncaster shop owner after ‘smuggled...
- 15:11 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:10 Twycross Zoo is within walking distance if you live in one of these...
- 15:10 Live updates: Road blocked in Wigston due to 'accident' say police
- 15:10 Officers covering villages and rural areas to be Taser equipped in...
- 15:10 Kettering murder victim named by police
- 15:09 Families - fancy a little trip to see The Snowman? No flying required
- 15:09 Search for relatives after death of Todmorden man