Government reveals plans to speed up waiting times at the UK border
UK Chancellor Phillip Hammond has revealed the UK will end the practice of foreign passengers filling out paper landing cards at the UK border this summer.
The news came in his Spring Statement, and it is hoped that the plans will provide passengers with a faster experience during customs checks.
Non-European passengers have been required to fill out the immigration cards since 1971, detailing their holiday or business plans and where they are staying whilst in the country.
"From June, we will begin to abolish the need for paper landing cards at UK points of entry," said Hammond.... read more
- 05:35 Story time with e-books 'not as helpful' as print books
- 05:34 The number of Brummies dying young from heart disease is soaring
- 05:30 Glasgow software firm lands digital funding
- 05:24 Spice Girls' Geri says romp with Mel B confirmed she WASN'T a lesbian
- 05:23 Russian military officials arrive in Venezuela to discuss 'training...
- 05:18 Woman defrauded her widowed mother-in-law out of thousands of...
- 05:18 New £21m University of Lincoln medical school set to get the go-ahead
- 05:18 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 05:18 More 200,000 voters in Lincolnshire are on open register where...
- 05:12 Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302: Hull family visit the 'humble'...
- 05:12 Libby Squire: The CCTV footage which could hold the clues to...
- 05:12 The latest on THAT transfer between Newcastle United and West Brom...
- 05:11 Morrison government set to offer taxpayer backing for Queensland power
- 05:11 Five opposition parties call on UK to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia
- 05:11 The week ahead for Brexit: third time lucky for May?
- 05:05 Anglesey man's autism helped by mountain hikes
- 05:05 Smacking ban in Wales a step closer with bill published
- 05:05 Edinburgh Waverley: Station expansion plans to be revealed
- 05:05 Drugs smuggled into Guys Marsh prison in dead rats
- 05:05 Brexit: Cabinet to meet amid pressure on May
- 05:03 Ban cars outside UK schools to tackle air pollution, teachers say
- 04:59 Victorian father loses legal battle to stop child having hyphenated...
- 04:49 Heartbroken dad denied life-saving operation by NHS chiefs and...
- 04:49 Sir Alex Ferguson helps raise £405k for NHS after staff saved his...
- 04:49 Young mum slashed from ear to mouth by ex reveals thug still...
- 04:49 'I had a choice, I had power' Brave domestic abuse survivor relives...
- 04:47 What's happening this week?
- 04:47 The woman bringing Mandarin to Uganda
- 04:47 Delhi Crime: New drama tells story of bus rape investigation
- 04:47 Venezuela crisis: Russian military planes land near Caracas