Government documents reveal potential no-deal Brexit consequences
New documents have laid bare the “deeply unsettling” possible consequences of a no-deal Brexit, suggesting there could be chaos at ports, disruption to food supplies and increased business costs.
Government departments released a tranche of 24 technical papers today advising businesses and consumers of the potential impacts of the UK withdrawing from the EU without an agreement.
In the event of a no-deal scenario, documents revealed:
- Producers of dozens of types of British traditional foods may be forced to apply for new protected status from the EU.
- Airlines will have to obtain... read more
- 04:49 China buys US soybeans for first time since trade war
- 04:48 Sondra Locke, actor and former partner of Clint Eastwood, dies at 74
- 04:46 Police seize drugs, weapons, sims, fermenting equipment and...
- 04:31 Wild weather continues with severe thunderstorm warning for much of...
- 04:31 Surveillance fears grow after Taylor Swift uses face recognition...
- 04:26 Leicester Grammar School acting headteacher sacked over...
- 04:26 Heartbreaking reason former Leicester City football hooligan is...
- 04:18 Indian national jailed over sex assault on US flight
- 03:44 Queensland prison guards giving inmates drugs and weapons, damning...
- 03:16 Synthethic cannabis makers face life in jail amid New Zealand...
- 02:58 Boy, 4, uses Siri to call 999 call after mum collapses
- 02:49 Why David De Gea is yet to sign a new deal at Manchester United
- 02:49 Police mocked for sharing stern-faced photo of ‘El Cheapo’ $70...
- 02:42 Jensen claims his title following late drama
- 02:31 'The saddest image': courtroom sketch captures Michael Cohen's bad day
- 02:29 Emmanuel Macron to face no confidence vote
- 02:20 Cashless welfare card trials extended despite 'no evidence' they...
- 02:20 Antarctica deaths: no foul play suspected in deaths at McMurdo station
- 02:20 New gangs 'Uberise' Europe's cocaine supply and bring more violence
- 02:06 Manchester United ready to smash Virgil van Dijk’s transfer record...
- 02:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Impact of Brexit planning on Government...
- 02:05 Climate change: 'Hell to pay' if COP24 talks fail
- 01:59 Sheffield tree felling compromise agreement
- 01:59 Three-fold increase in children referred to anti-terrorism scheme
- 01:59 Cardinal Vincent Nichols denies sex abuse 'cover-up'
- 01:59 Southwest Airlines flight U-turns after human heart discovery
- 01:52 Why is Jeremy Corbyn not trying to topple Theresa May right now?
- 01:52 Meat or two veg? Find out your food's climate footprint
- 01:52 Christmas Jumper Day: Who wins, retailers or charity?
- 01:52 Letter to Santa found after 120 years on display in Canterbury