Gold Coast Commonwealth Games provides Australia with a welcome antidote to cricket scandal
From sandpaper and scandals to sandy beaches and sandals — there’s nothing quite like a spot of interpretive dance to end one conversation and start another.
For that reason, the Australians must be feeling a deeper affection than most for this ageing monarch of sport, the Commonwealth Games.
How they have collectively wished to undo that silly plan to swing a cricket ball and how fortunate they are that the Games have docked on their Gold Coast, allowing a quick opportunity to rediscover a little sporting pride.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Commonwealth Games 2018 are celebrated with a... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle