Global interest as items from former Abbots Bromley School are auctioned off
Bidders from around the globe have battled it out to get their hands on items from the former Abbots Bromley School.
The school closed in the summer after planned investment to keep it open failed to materialise.
As a result, hundreds of lots went under the hammer in the site’s Reid Hall on 19th November, with in person bidders packed in and interest from buyers in 13 countries, including China.
The seven-hour sale saw a Georgian oak dresser which once stood in the dining hall fetch £1,900, while a trampoline went for £1,200.
Other notable lots included an upright piano making £1,900 and... read more
- 02:30 Election day weather forecast - when will be the best time to vote...
- 02:25 Shake-up bears fruit as Australia’s cyclists get back on track
- 02:11 A12 lorry crash: Widower says trucker's jail appeal is 'painful'
- 02:05 Downside boarding school monk 'ignored abuse of pupil'
- 02:03 Morrison responds to fears over bushfires but rejects censure of...
- 02:03 Queensland school runs out of water as commercial bottlers harvest...
- 01:29 EXCLUSIVE: Courier poll showing rise in support for independence...
- 01:04 Climate change: Anger as protestors barred from UN talks
- 01:03 Sudoku 4,639 hard
- 00:52 20 Islamist terrorism suspects arrested in raids across Denmark
- 00:52 General election on a ‘knife edge’ as Labour make gains in polls
- 00:51 Raptors honour Kawhi Leonard with special touch in tribute video...
- 00:47 Why like Emma Watson, we're happy to be single at Christmas
- 00:47 How the BBC reports polling day
- 00:46 Cameroon conflict: 'I go to a secret school'
- 00:46 Are India's claims about minorities in other countries true?
- 00:46 Volcano tourism in the spotlight after New Zealand eruption
- 00:46 What are beauty pageants really like for black women?
- 00:45 House approves $738bn military bill with money for Trump's Space Force
- 00:45 Trump antisemitism order denounced as bid to silence critics of Israel
- 00:44 Talking Horses: Trainers revolt over increased fees for apprentice...
- 00:40 Free parking at the Royal Priors Shopping centre on two dates over...
- 00:39 General election 2019: Scotland goes to the polls
- 00:36 Joe Biden: Democratic presidential frontrunner denies one-term pledge
- 00:30 Hendrix? Hepburn? Study busts myths about origins of UK's parakeets
- 00:25 BT to let sport fans buy monthly pass to watch matches for first time
- 00:17 Australia urged to give visas to Iraqi translators who worked for ADF
- 00:17 New Zealand volcano: police may do rushed body retrieval despite...
- 00:15 How much do we really know about why we give to charity?
- 00:15 My Money: 'My mate spent £6 on four Hula Hoops packs'