Glasgow 2014 medallist Stephanie Inglis in coma following accident in Vietnam
Commonwealth Games judo silver medallist Stephanie Inglis is in a coma fighting for her life following a motorcycle accident in Vietnam.
The 27-year-old Scot, who went to Vietnam to teach English, suffered severe brain injuries following the freak accident when her dress caught in the bike and dragged her off.
Her parents have flown to Vietnam to be at her bedside and Inglis' sister Stacey told the BBC: "Mum and dad are just distraught, they just want her to be alive and get back here. At the minute the hospital is monitoring her, but they've said her whole brain is injured, and it... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle