Girl, 8, asks Santa for 'warm jacket' in heartbreaking Christmas wish
An eight-year-old girl has left people heartbroken after asking Santa for a "warm jacket" this Christmas.
The wish list was left at the Glasgow Forge Shopping Centre in the city's east end, which is once again hosting a 'Giving Tree'.
The centre has been running the scheme for a number of years, which encourages shoppers to dig deep to provide festive cheer to those who may be less fortunate in the area.
Children are asked to write down a Christmas list, which is then posted on the tree and an anonymous person can provide the gift.
But it's one little girl's wish in particular... read more
- 01:29 EXCLUSIVE: Courier poll showing rise in support for independence...
- 01:04 Climate change: Anger as protestors barred from UN talks
- 01:03 Sudoku 4,639 hard
- 00:52 20 Islamist terrorism suspects arrested in raids across Denmark
- 00:52 General election on a ‘knife edge’ as Labour make gains in polls
- 00:51 Raptors honour Kawhi Leonard with special touch in tribute video...
- 00:47 Why like Emma Watson, we're happy to be single at Christmas
- 00:47 How the BBC reports polling day
- 00:46 Cameroon conflict: 'I go to a secret school'
- 00:46 Are India's claims about minorities in other countries true?
- 00:46 Volcano tourism in the spotlight after New Zealand eruption
- 00:46 What are beauty pageants really like for black women?
- 00:45 House approves $738bn military bill with money for Trump's Space Force
- 00:45 Trump antisemitism order denounced as bid to silence critics of Israel
- 00:44 Talking Horses: Trainers revolt over increased fees for apprentice...
- 00:40 Free parking at the Royal Priors Shopping centre on two dates over...
- 00:39 General election 2019: Scotland goes to the polls
- 00:36 Joe Biden: Democratic presidential frontrunner denies one-term pledge
- 00:30 Hendrix? Hepburn? Study busts myths about origins of UK's parakeets
- 00:25 BT to let sport fans buy monthly pass to watch matches for first time
- 00:17 Australia urged to give visas to Iraqi translators who worked for ADF
- 00:17 New Zealand volcano: police may do rushed body retrieval despite...
- 00:15 How much do we really know about why we give to charity?
- 00:15 My Money: 'My mate spent £6 on four Hula Hoops packs'
- 00:15 How millennials are changing the perfume business
- 00:15 Chemists demand clarity on cannabis-related goods
- 00:15 'I order takeaways six nights a week'
- 00:15 'My boss lets us book hangover days'
- 00:15 Trump tariff deadline looms: 'It's very scary'
- 00:10 General election 2019: Polls set to open across Wales