Girl, 7, is bedridden, forced to drop out of school and live like a recluse because her leg has ballooned to THREE times its normal size after a mosquito bite
A seven-year-old Pakistani girl is suffering from a rare condition which has caused her leg to balloon to three times the normal size.
Tahira Khan was bitten by a mosquito and has elephantiasis – a parasitic infection that has made her limb painfully swell to weigh a whopping 10 kilograms.
Because of the enormous weight and size of her leg, Tahira, from Nasirabad in the Balochistan province, can't walk and has been left bedridden for months.
She cannot stand on her own and needs support from her family members in order to go to the toilet or climbing stairs in the house. She has been forced... read more
- 01:02 Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
- 01:01 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 00:59 The Yorkshire Post says: Migrants – and why they count. Policy...
- 00:59 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 00:58 The weird and wonderful life of Elon Musk
- 00:58 Former foster carer and ex-teacher denies sexually assaulting two...
- 00:57 Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool have the stamina to stick to his gameplan
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural life lessons. Twinning schools with...
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 00:54 Sudoku 4,169 medium
- 00:50 Salzburg summit: Austria leads EU's anti-migrant drive
- 00:50 'I lost my entire family to a cult': How one woman escaped Grace Road
- 00:37 Braving new heights
- 00:37 Business Profile: Fiona Toye of Toye Kenning & Spencer
- 00:37 Campaign to get Stourbridge war hero Frank Foley knighted
- 00:32 Yemen conflict: A million more children face famine, NGO warns
- 00:29 The chef using 60,000-year-old recipes
- 00:27 ICC opens Myanmar Rohingya crimes probe
- 00:26 Will we ever get self-healing smartphones?
- 00:26 The secret life of a female bodyguard
- 00:26 Lancashire's Deputy Police Commissioner revealed
- 00:25 Air pollution linked to much greater risk of dementia
- 00:24 Champions League roundup: Atlético Madrid fight back to win at Monaco
- 00:21 Tech giants unclear over stance on potential new EU climate targets
- 00:20 A third 'forgotten' mural could still be inside Hull's old Co-op...
- 00:18 Qantas mulls plane gyms as prepares for 20-hour flights
- 00:18 Millions overcharged for mobile contracts
- 00:18 'Wild West' Bitcoin 'should be regulated'
- 00:14 Lancashire's Deputy Police Commissioner revealed
- 00:10 Facebook job ads 'discriminated by gender'