Girl, 6, 'sorry' letter over New Year's Eve 999 call
A six-year-old girl who accidentally dialled 999 on her mum's phone on New Year's Eve has written a letter of apology to police.
Izzy Vardy's mum later got a call from the Nottinghamshire Police control room after unwittingly hitting the emergency call button on the locked mobile.
Izzy, from Annesley, wrote she was "so so sorry... and I understand that you only ring 999 in an emergency".
She noted that her mum had been "very cross".
After Ms Vardy was informed of the call, she told Izzy that her calls could have stopped someone getting help.
Izzy sent the letter along... read more
- 07:33 Investigation to be carried out after early hours car fire
- 07:33 North East news, traffic and travel LIVE: What you need to know
- 07:32 Liverpool news: Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes emerges as...
- 07:32 Liverpool news: Pundit makes Premier League title prediction ahead...
- 07:32 Arsenal legend takes swipe at bitter rivals Tottenham over empty...
- 07:32 To brie or not to brie: can vegan 'cheese' taste as good as dairy?
- 07:32 Ban gas boilers in new homes by 2025, says Committee on Climate Change
- 07:32 Delay to tax havens’ public registers ‘risks national security’
- 07:31 Scotland can now throw the dice
- 07:31 Head-to-head: Who came out on top in Dundee United and Inverness...
- 07:31 North East news, traffic and travel LIVE: What you need to know
- 07:29 The SNP’s position is most surprising, with almost endless delay on...
- 07:27 British girl, 9, dies after eating ice cream on Costa Del Sol holiday
- 07:27 Fresh bid to build log cabins for tourists on old pit site
- 07:27 Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in big-screen biopic
- 07:27 North East news, traffic and travel LIVE: What you need to know
- 07:26 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:23 Leeds news LIVE: Man jailed over mobile cannabis farm | Latest M62...
- 07:23 Teachers to join climate protests to demand curriculum reform
- 07:23 'Google isn't interested in degrees': is the UK snobby about...
- 07:22 Updates: Police seal off Sara Park in Small Heath
- 07:21 Celtic team news: Predicted 4-2-3-1 Europa League line-up to face...
- 07:21 Liverpool hero John Barnes slams Reds fans over ‘negativity’ ahead...
- 07:18 Investors sink cash into Scottish car parks
- 07:18 Money Club took £5,978 from my elderly mother
- 07:18 Ministers urged to provide rescue package for ailing high streets
- 07:17 Chelsea news: Callum Hudson-Odoi future in balance after fresh...
- 07:17 Arsenal boss Unai Emery denies Gunners have mental block ahead of...
- 07:15 £800m revamp will never see light of day
- 07:15 Man lucky to survive collision with lorry on busy Sheffield road