Gig review: Low, Glasgow
"SOMEONE silence that t**t!" barked the grumpy voice of one man evidently not enamoured by another, well-oiled punter's irregular roaring outbursts of appreciation for Low.
Classic Grand, Glasgow
* * * *
There’s an unspoken agreement about how to enjoy the famously slow, minimalist and sometimes very quiet sounds of this Duluth, Minnesota indie trio live – during songs at least – and that’s unspokenly.
It was hardly a sensible booking, then, to put them on at Classic Grand while noisy punk covers bands played downstairs. Singer and guitarist Alan Sparkhawk – one half of Low’s... read more
- 10:41 Serious crash closes M54 between Wolverhampton and Telford
- 10:37 Bumps on woman’s face turned out to be a parasitic worm living...
- 10:37 Fishing the electric way
- 10:34 RNLI assist yacht off the Northumberland coast
- 10:30 Rufus Wainwright: ‘I like sugar a lot; I can swig maple syrup from...
- 10:30 Drawn from life: why have novelists stopped making things up?
- 10:30 David Lynch: ‘You gotta be selfish. It's a terrible thing’
- 10:30 ‘Unscrupulous’ recruits adding to hospital woe
- 10:30 Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington and Rose Leslie set to wed in...
- 10:29 Hoole travel agents opened by top TV personality
- 10:29 West Cheshire serving personnel offered discounts during Armed...
- 10:28 Wigan priest in court on sex rap
- 10:27 Joseph Barker Wilson
- 10:27 Gordon Firth, artist and headteacher
- 10:27 Mister Finch and his magical exhibition
- 10:25 Railway line trespassers cause delays for passengers in and out of...
- 10:23 Schools still waiting for mental health services to start
- 10:22 Rotarians grand tour to end polio
- 10:21 Railway line trespassers cause delays for passengers in and out of...
- 10:21 'I love this kid - he is an absolute diamond' - Birmingham City...
- 10:18 Rapist jailed after subjecting vulnerable woman to months of abuse
- 10:17 England team news: Predicted England line up vs Panama – Alli and...
- 10:17 Why do most Icelandic names end in ‘son’? It’s actually just the...
- 10:17 Liverpool send class message to Jose Enrique after former defender...
- 10:16 Family attacked by knife wielding children keep 'having flashbacks'
- 10:15 Liverpool transfer news: Mario Gotze issues come and get me plea to...
- 10:14 TV’s best pop spoofs: from Paper Boi to Peeno Noir
- 10:13 Spud-bashing was order of day for these Tigers during Phoney War
- 10:11 Councillors pledge to help stop abuse of older people
- 10:11 Special event celebrates three decades of care at South Tyneside...