Giant vegetable whisperer strokes his leeks to help them grow
A gardener says the secret to growing his giant vegetables is stroking them.
Vegetable whisperer Chris Evans, 21, says he is ‘obsessed’ with growing giant leeks, onions and tomatoes.
The young gardener, who is a full-time carer to his sick parents, has had a lifelong passion for his allotment in Wednesbury, West Midlands – but he won’t eat any of the produce he grows.
He’s won awards for his giant veg – setting the British record for a supersize tomato at 6lb 2oz – has also grown giant onions, leeks and marrows.
‘It’s amazing at the end of the day what a vegetable can grow to in size, at... read more
- 09:19 Farewell to RAF Tornado jets - you served us well
- 09:17 Jose Mourinho made Paul Pogba feud public because he was...
- 09:17 This is why you may not hear PA announcements or see information on...
- 09:17 Missing Dunfermline woman's disappearance 'completely out of...
- 09:16 Flooding set for parts of UK, but Merseyside will be swilled merely...
- 09:16 "Shocked" ISIS teen Shamima Begum slams "unjust" decision to strip...
- 09:15 Football transfer rumours: Zidane to replace Sarri at Chelsea?
- 09:15 Hartlepool United analysis: Craig Hignett injects the joy back into...
- 09:15 Championship transfer rumours: Newcastle United monitoring Leeds...
- 09:15 Search for missing Hugo Palmer and Erwan Ferrieux scaled back
- 09:14 Tesco selling Lemon and Lime Jaffa Cakes for a ludicrously low price
- 09:13 Doncaster homecoming for Aerosmith and Stevie Nicks' hatmaker
- 09:13 Doncaster pilots new mental health assessments for children in care
- 09:13 Health and beauty salon The Harmony Group celebrates 20th...
- 09:12 Traffic building near Warwick bypass due to accident
- 09:11 YouTube is simplifying the ‘three strike policy’ for rulebreakers...
- 09:09 Can ISIS jihadi bride Shamima Begum be stripped of her UK citizenship?
- 09:09 Sainsbury’s hikes price of 150 beers and ciders - how your shop is...
- 09:09 The huge backing West Brom have received - and how they compare to...
- 09:09 This is why you may not hear PA announcements or see information on...
- 09:07 Wigan A&E waiting times soared due to infection outbreaks
- 09:07 Brierfield man charged with dangerous driving
- 09:04 Sick arsonists set fire to house with children inside
- 09:04 St Leonard's Church marking 150th anniversary of its home with...
- 09:03 Doncaster homecoming for Aerosmith and Stevie Nicks' hatmaker
- 09:03 Doncaster pilots new mental health assessments for children in care
- 09:03 Revealed: Sheffield’s top 10 takeaways
- 09:02 Farewell to RAF Tornado jets - you served us well
- 09:02 Severfield raises £6,000 for Saint Catherine’s Hospice
- 09:02 St Johnstone’s Chris Kane came close to ‘perfect’ performance