German nurse that ‘acted out of BOREDOM’ could be country’s deadliest SERIAL KILLER
Niels Högel was already sentenced to life in prison after he admitted to murdering two patients.
Mr Högel worked at hospitals in Oldenburg and Delmenhorst where he is alleged to have killed at least 38 patients in the former and at least 62 in the latter.
The 41-year-old worked at Oldenburg from 1999 to 2002 and in Delmenhorst from 2003 to 2005.
When questioned by police about the murders, the sadistic nurse showed little emotion by bragging that he “stopped counting after 50”.
Authorities have stated the death toll from Mr Högel is likely higher but with many patients said to have been... read more
- 14:29 Billy Joe Saunders: Why has boxer been fined £100,000? Is his next...
- 14:29 Toilet and urinals smashed at a Derbyshire campsite
- 14:29 Man Utd chief Ed Woodward promises Jose Mourinho ‘world-class...
- 14:29 Suspected drink driver arrested after M6 smash
- 14:29 Driver flees scene after crash leaves passenger in hospital
- 14:29 Rugby Food and Drink Festival looks set to be the biggest and best...
- 14:28 Grenfell Inquiry: No-one should have lived there, says fire chief
- 14:27 Report details sexual abuse in German Catholic church
- 14:27 One of Burnley's oldest pubs celebrates "brilliant" re-opening 18...
- 14:27 Man went on sex and drugs binge then murdered, court told
- 14:27 Bill Cosby faces prison time as judge to hand down sentence for...
- 14:27 Brexit transition period too short unless deal on table soon, says...
- 14:25 'I would drink two bottles of wine before I picked the kids up'
- 14:25 Manchester United earn record revenues but still have debt of £487m
- 14:24 Cambridge University exhibition celebrates black graduates
- 14:24 Missing Filey wallaby found dead on roadside
- 14:24 Tube strike on Piccadilly line to Heathrow will go ahead tomorrow
- 14:23 Legal firms Pinsent Masons and Brodies to share same Edinburgh home
- 14:23 Bells to chime to remember Workington ringer killed in World War One
- 14:22 Huge police response to incident at Sheffield secondary school
- 14:21 Police hunt gunmen after man chased down alley and shot in broad...
- 14:20 Alan Johnson launches £3m appeal to bring historic trawler the...
- 14:19 ‘Stop this total mayhem’ – drivers’ fury after yet more roadworks...
- 14:18 Love Island given 1m more viewers as TV ratings include all devices
- 14:17 Beluga whale spotted swimming in River Thames
- 14:16 Letters - September 25, 2018
- 14:16 Date for Kenilworth 'Young People's Forum' confirmed after youth...
- 14:15 Apologetic Spireite has his football banning order lifted so he can...
- 14:15 Motorist is caught drink-driving after forcing police vehicle to...
- 14:14 Jet2 flight to East Midlands Airport declares emergency