Gedling charity improving 'quality of life' of children with life-limiting conditions on hospital ward up for award
A Gedling charity improving the 'quality of life' for children with life-limiting conditions on a hospital unit has been nominated for an award.
The Harley Jae Trust became a registered charity three years ago and was set up by Joe Shafter, 34, of Lowdham Road.
Mr Shafter lost his son Harley in 2013, aged seven.
He had pontocerebellar hypoplasia: a neurodegenerative disorder that caused "severe seizures" and "learning difficulties".
He spent up to "half of his life" on the intensive care unit at a hospital in Southampton - after Mr Shafter moved there in 2006... read more
- 21:57 Third stabbing in space of five days in Sheffield
- 21:56 Football fan returns to Russia to rescue stray dog he met at World Cup
- 21:53 Steelbacks finish with a flourish as they beat Foxes
- 21:50 Why the children of the identical twin couples will be SIBLINGS
- 21:49 Paul Pogba needs Manchester United captaincy, insists Ryan Giggs
- 21:48 The universe is teeming with hundreds of ‘water-worlds’ which could...
- 21:43 Fish hooks a hat-trick as Saints smash Dragons in Newport
- 21:42 Metro misery as power fault suspends trains
- 21:42 Liverpool News: Virgil van Dijk revelation, Ajax prospect signs,...
- 21:39 Why the children of the identical twin couples will be SIBLINGS
- 21:39 Nearly 500 people in 15 states have contracted 'explosive diarrhea'...
- 21:39 Pet owners are using their animals' drugs
- 21:34 Girl who pushed friend off bridge said she ‘asked for it’
- 21:31 'Bruce will ring the changes' How Aston Villa are expected to line...
- 21:25 Newham police escape: Cheering onlookers condemned
- 21:24 Serena Williams, motherhood and Instagram pressure
- 21:19 Man, aged 29, stabbed on Sheffield street
- 21:15 Mother ‘hangs three children after recording their goodbye videos...
- 21:11 Superannuation scandal: four steps to ensure you're not being...
- 21:06 Man returns to bank he robbed 60 years ago for champagne lunch
- 20:58 Crews tackle fire at Emma Bridgewater pottery factory in Stoke
- 20:58 Cornwall men who £2m worth of counterfeit goods sentenced
- 20:51 Husband held after bodies of missing US family 'found in fuel tanks'
- 20:49 Man Utd fans LOVE what Jose Mourinho said about Paul Pogba ahead of...
- 20:44 Arsenal News: Ramsey contract issue, three transfers confirmed,...
- 20:41 Miss America accuses pageant leaders of bullying and manipulation
- 20:35 Revealed: What Scotland’s political leaders get up to on their...
- 20:31 Arsenal star David Ospina joins Napoli on loan with view to...
- 20:30 Girl, 15, won’t be charged after shooting mom’s abusive boyfriend dead
- 20:28 Paul Manafort trial: judge won't release jurors' names over safety...