Gary Lineker is BBC's best-paid star and only one not to take pay cut
Gary Lineker has become the BBC’s highest paid on-air talent and is the only one of the corporation’s big name male stars not to take a pay cut.
Lineker, who fronts the BBC’s football coverage, is paid between £1.75m and £1.76m a year, supplanting at the top of the pay list the Radio 2 presenter Chris Evans, whose £2.2m salary has been reduced to £1.66m-£1.67m, partly as a result of quitting the BBC2 show Top Gear.
A number of others have taken pay cuts – including the Today programme presenter John Humphrys, Radio 5 Live’s Nicky Campbell and the BBC News anchor Huw Edwards – as part of BBC... read more
- 12:10 Lesson in world culture for Boston pupils in 2008
- 12:09 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 12:09 Two people cut free from three vehicle crash near Lincoln leading...
- 12:07 Barrow council refuses to provide support services for Universal...
- 12:07 Wasps weekly: Jimmy Gopperth, Brad Shields, James Haskell, Ricoh...
- 12:07 FGH celebrate the generosity of Barrow woman
- 12:07 Rookie defender signs first professional contract with Coventry City
- 12:07 Ask an expert: what foods should i give my weaning baby?
- 12:07 Swimming safety a top concern for Bootle community
- 12:07 Former Southampton trainee signs professional deal with Coventry City
- 12:07 Fire bosses ask parents to educate kids on kitchen safety this summer
- 12:07 Coventry City snap up two players as Dujon Sterling opens up on...
- 12:07 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for green bean and new potato ‘tonnato’ salad
- 12:07 How best to repot a houseplant
- 12:07 Tamal Ray’s recipe for white nougat with dried apricot and cherry
- 12:05 Tour de France 2018: stage 14 – live!
- 12:01 Savvy pupils turn disused block into business hub
- 12:00 BREAKING: Body found in Skegness park
- 11:59 Yorkshire Regiment’s freedom march through Wakefield
- 11:56 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 11:55 20 firefighters and five appliances tackle Carlisle farm building fire
- 11:55 F1 2018 driver salaries: Lewis Hamilton not best paid despite new...
- 11:55 The Open 2018: third round – live!
- 11:54 Toblerone: Bar to revert to original shape
- 11:53 Arsenal signing Lucas Torreira practices free-kicks on holiday with...
- 11:53 IBF boxing champion Josh Warrington gets Leeds Civic Hall reception
- 11:53 Second youth charged after shots are fired at house in Leeds
- 11:52 Residents were at risk in Wigan care home
- 11:52 City of Culture bid plans underway in Lancashire
- 11:52 Work starts on bridge damaged by Storm Desmond