Gang-rape trial moved to fast-track Indian court
The trial of five men accused over the gang rape and murder of a young woman in India is to be moved to a fast-track court.
Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal in New Delhi yesterday sent the case to the new court established to deal with crimes against women and set a hearing for 21 January. A sixth suspect in the attack claims to be a juvenile.
The rape of the 23-year-old physiotherapy student last month set off protests in New Delhi and sparked a national debate about the treatment of women across India.
In an effort to address claims of official inaction, the government set up five fast-track... read more
- 18:51 Theatre review: The Band, Playhouse, Edinburgh
- 23:09 Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid eye Eden Hazard and Robert...
- 16:27 The winners of dog photographer of year have been announced
- 18:51 Music review: James Taylor & Bonnie Raitt, Hydro, Glasgow
- 23:09 Paul Pogba claims N’Golo Kante is BETTER than Lionel Messi during...
- 16:27 The vegan, cruelty-free guide to skincare: Moisturisers
- 16:27 Alex Salmond's RT show breached Ofcom broadcasting rules
- 23:09 The Open 2018: Why attack is the best form of defence for Rory...
- 18:51 Music review: Bruno Mars, Glasgow Green
- 16:28 Aliens killed by spelling mistake in 2013 Colonial Marines game
- 23:09 Rangers news: Steven Gerrard expecting different Shkupi in Europa...
- 18:51 Edinburgh Jazz Festival reviews: Keyon Harrold | We Begin with...
- 16:27 What are the customs and trade bills and could May face defeat?
- 16:27 Novichok nerve agent ‘was in a perfume bottle which victims found’
- 16:27 World Cup: Pussy Riot protesters charged over pitch demonstration
- 23:09 Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri urged not to worry about Real...
- 18:51 Interview: Nicola Walker
- 16:27 Putin and Trump played power games with each other before they...
- 16:27 UK politicians 'failing to rise to the challenge of climate change'
- 18:51 Fashion bible Vogue latest publication to rave about ‘buzzing’ Dundee
- 23:09 Usain Bolt to be lightning striker for Aussie club Central Coast...
- 16:27 Motorway rules could be about to change so you can go faster...
- 18:51 Travel: Butlin’s Skegness
- 16:27 Andrew Griffiths should resign as MP, says local Tory chair
- 16:27 Lost Kubrick screenplay found 60 years on by Bangor professor
- 18:51 Take That to reform for 30th anniversary tour
- 22:18 Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri faces mass exodus with FOUR...
- 16:27 Love Island: 2,600 complaints will not be investigated by Ofcom
- 16:27 Britain’s first spaceport to be built on a far-flung...
- 16:27 Michael Gove admits leave campaign wrong to fuel Turkey fears