Furious German businesses call for EU to threaten US after Russia sanctions
Washington is set to hit Russia with tougher financial restrictions after it allegedly meddled in last year's presidential election.
But the measures have left political and business figures in the eurozone's largest economy fuming.
Germans fear the US actions will hit its firms trying to do business with the former Soviet state.
The German Committee on East European Economic Relations (EEER) has now lashed out at the US and accused it of trying to boost energy exports to Europe with the Russian sanctions.
The business group said the move by the US threatens pipeline projects essential to... read more
- 04:06 Fortnite chat not working: PS4 and PC player report new Battle...
- 04:06 Paul Pogba wants to leave Manchester United and join Cristiano...
- 03:26 Poppy Appeal 2017: Your guide to Remembrance services happening...
- 03:26 Chinese restaurant in Burton in the running to scoop a British...
- 03:26 Labour: new public appointments rules are 'power grab' by Tories
- 03:26 School give ‘much loved’ pupil Logan a super send off
- 03:26 Government is ‘turning a blind eye’ to spiralling suicide rate...
- 02:20 BREAKING: Multiple deaths after two planes COLLIDE mid-air in Florida
- 02:20 India: 17 men charged with raping 12-year-old girl over months
- 02:01 Guard asked if extra sedation would be used on David Dungay,...
- 02:01 Trump immigration policy: My life trapped in an American city
- 02:01 Barack Obama's Johannesburg speech in full
- 02:00 The story of how one compilation came to rule them all
- 02:00 Schools alone cannot fix childhood obesity, says Ofsted boss
- 02:00 Kate Hoey under pressure from Labour after siding with Tories
- 02:00 Could a prime minister ever have a Brummie accent?
- 02:00 Five crocodiles in Monmouthshire dangerous animal hotspot
- 02:00 Pte Sean Benton: Coroner to rule on Deepcut army base death
- 02:00 Fears for missing teenage boy as police helicopter joins emergency...
- 01:53 GP Taylor: President Trump told the ugly truth about modern Britain
- 01:53 Smelly reeds in River Freshney to be cleared soon
- 01:53 Bernard Ingham: Maverick Trump shows us how to get tough with the EU
- 01:53 Next stop for health campervan
- 01:04 Revealed: First pictures of new £5 coin released by Royal Mint
- 01:04 Chris Moncrieff: May on brink as Corbyn awaits chance
- 01:04 Sunshine lifts Scots retailers but high street blues persist
- 00:53 Menopause: Lack of specialist care 'limits treatments'
- 00:41 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:41 Festivalgoers urged to get MMR jab as measles infection rate soars
- 00:41 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns