Furious Birmingham Airport passengers hit out over luggage chaos and check-in delays
Birmingham Airport passengers have hit out on social media after they were faced with long delays and baggage mix-ups.
The issues came as a result of a chronic lack of ground handling staff.
There were chaotic scenes at the airport on Wednesday with long queues at check-ins, planes not taking off on time and planes taking off without passenger luggage.
The problems were caused by ground handler Swissport experiencing staff issues which the airport admitted were “severely” impacting on passengers.
Swissport said between 20 and 30 staff called in sick on Wednesday - which accounts for a... read more
- 04:06 Fortnite chat not working: PS4 and PC player report new Battle...
- 04:06 Paul Pogba wants to leave Manchester United and join Cristiano...
- 03:26 Poppy Appeal 2017: Your guide to Remembrance services happening...
- 03:26 Chinese restaurant in Burton in the running to scoop a British...
- 03:26 Labour: new public appointments rules are 'power grab' by Tories
- 03:26 School give ‘much loved’ pupil Logan a super send off
- 03:26 Government is ‘turning a blind eye’ to spiralling suicide rate...
- 02:20 BREAKING: Multiple deaths after two planes COLLIDE mid-air in Florida
- 02:20 India: 17 men charged with raping 12-year-old girl over months
- 02:01 Guard asked if extra sedation would be used on David Dungay,...
- 02:01 Trump immigration policy: My life trapped in an American city
- 02:01 Barack Obama's Johannesburg speech in full
- 02:00 The story of how one compilation came to rule them all
- 02:00 Schools alone cannot fix childhood obesity, says Ofsted boss
- 02:00 Kate Hoey under pressure from Labour after siding with Tories
- 02:00 Could a prime minister ever have a Brummie accent?
- 02:00 Five crocodiles in Monmouthshire dangerous animal hotspot
- 02:00 Pte Sean Benton: Coroner to rule on Deepcut army base death
- 02:00 Fears for missing teenage boy as police helicopter joins emergency...
- 01:53 GP Taylor: President Trump told the ugly truth about modern Britain
- 01:53 Smelly reeds in River Freshney to be cleared soon
- 01:53 Bernard Ingham: Maverick Trump shows us how to get tough with the EU
- 01:53 Next stop for health campervan
- 01:04 Revealed: First pictures of new £5 coin released by Royal Mint
- 01:04 Chris Moncrieff: May on brink as Corbyn awaits chance
- 01:04 Sunshine lifts Scots retailers but high street blues persist
- 00:53 Menopause: Lack of specialist care 'limits treatments'
- 00:41 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:41 Festivalgoers urged to get MMR jab as measles infection rate soars
- 00:41 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns