FTSE CLOSE: Inflation stays stuck at 3% as stock market recovery runs out of steam
Louise Hill Host commentator
Auto-update 17:18 FTSE Close The FTSE 100 index at the close was down 9.05 at 7168.01.
16:10 Any fall in inflation will be 'slow' According to Adrian Lowcock, an investment director at Architas, said: 'Whilst we believe inflation looked to have peaked, any drop is likely to be gradual.
'With the global economy continuing to grow and indeed the UK only growing slightly slower there is a growing pressure on the Bank of England to raise interest rates soon. Something the Governor, Mark Carney, has indicated could happen.
'Investors should ensure their portfolios... read more
- 21:13 Manchester City man wants to do this after rejecting Wolves - report
- 21:12 Ripley feels Northants are still favourites against Middlesex
- 21:06 Arsenal news: Coach CONFRONTED Gunners star on pitch after Chelsea...
- 21:05 Venezuela 'paralysed' by launch of sovereign bolivar currency
- 21:04 Plans to protect Hull from catastrophic flooding at nine key sites...
- 21:04 EuroMillions results: What are the winning EuroMillions numbers for...
- 21:01 Armstrong Watson appoint VAT director
- 20:57 UK to hold ‘continuous’ Brexit negotiations as fears grow Britain...
- 20:53 Paxton and Coldstream targeted by doorstep callers
- 20:50 Pedestrian, 21, seriously injured in hit and run in Lancaster...
- 20:45 Superdrug's online customers targeted by criminals
- 20:43 Premier League: Would VAR have proven Mohamed Salah wrong? The big...
- 20:36 Street market could boost other traders
- 20:36 Moped fire in Fleetwood was deliberate
- 20:34 Man bitten and kicked by two sisters during racist attack says he...
- 20:22 Two in hospital and two arrested in north London shooting
- 20:16 Thixendale pensioner brings her life to book
- 20:16 Poet’s Word can have the final say in Juddmonte International showdown
- 20:16 England set for defeat against India despite Buttler’s brilliant...
- 20:16 Police to hold information stall in Sheffield city centre to...
- 20:15 How a Hebden Bridge houseboat has been transformed into a holiday let
- 20:15 Emergency crews called out after concern for man near Marsden Grotto
- 20:14 Three farmers ‘had sex with horses, dogs, a cow and a goat’ in...
- 20:08 Street market could boost other traders
- 20:03 Facebook gives users trustworthiness score
- 19:58 Teenagers worried about discrimination in society have a higher...
- 19:58 Police siege at Tuebrook home after reports of stabbing - latest...
- 19:58 Man with 'broken ankle' told to do pilates despite being in agony
- 19:57 The 7 health tests that can tell if YOU are at risk of dementia
- 19:53 Man Utd News: Van Dijk transfer claim, Mourinho jealous of rivals,...