Four decades of service at popular bakery is icing on the cake for Andy
When Andy Howes knocked on the door at Oddie’s Bakery on Scotland Road in Nelson, the king of rock n' roll, Elvis Presley was top of the charts, a pint of beer cost 25p and England was celebrating the Queen’s Silver Jubilee.
The year was 1977 and Andy was only 15.
And he had just one question for Bill Tillotson, the man who answered the door to him: "What do you have to do to become a baker?"
Andy is now celebrating four decades of service with the 100 year old family owned firm
Recalling how he always wanted to be a baker Andy said: “I was at Colne Park High School, and when I... read more
- 03:59 Shipwrecks at Tankerton and Camber Sands to be protected
- 03:52 Sharp Objects recap: season one, episode two – Dirt
- 03:38 Trump-Putin summit: US leader cautious ahead of Helsinki talks
- 03:25 Italy allows migrants to land in Sicily
- 03:25 Casino project will offer Japan's addicts a new way to lose
- 03:24 Chelsea board send message to Eden Hazard over Real Madrid transfer
- 02:51 Labor MP Michael Danby's preselection meeting undemocratic,...
- 02:51 Valentine's day of reckoning
- 02:51 Giro Rosa won by Australian team Mitchelton-Scott
- 02:51 N’Golo Kante’s reaction is superb as France players sing his name...
- 02:51 Nicaragua troops raid towns in south
- 02:51 Top 10 Burton restaurants according to TripAdvisor
- 02:14 Gillespie Macandrew hails year of growth
- 02:14 Hulk Hogan ‘hugged and cheered’ by wrestlers following WWE return...
- 02:14 Comment: Attracting leaders will put Scotland on the world stage
- 02:08 'Lost' Gustav Holst score returned to UK after 100 years
- 02:03 UK will lose track of many EU migrants after Brexit - report
- 01:47 Jaguar kills eight other animals after escaping from zoo enclosure
- 01:46 Military spouses set up skills base in Fife
- 01:27 Plan for multi-million pound transformation of Garth Lane site into...
- 01:27 The Yankee Candle shoplifter who was knocked down as she fled...
- 01:14 CCTV reveals explosive device thrown at home of Gerry Adams
- 01:04 Margaret Fulton's Basque chicken recipe
- 00:54 North Korea to resume search for US military remains
- 00:47 Trump-Putin summit: Why is it a big deal?
- 00:47 Higher Sunday roadworks speed limit tested
- 00:46 Female workers to earn £74k less than male peers, research reveals
- 00:32 Missing Marian Turton found safe and well after huge police search
- 00:27 Sudoku 4113 easy
- 00:27 Russia must ‘account for role’ in shooting down MH17, says G7