Former Sky presenter Simon Thomas says friends 'deserted him' after wife Gemma died of cancer
Former Sky Sports presenter Simon Thomas has opened up on how family and friends 'deserted' him after his beloved wife Gemma lost her battle with leukaemia in November last year.
Simon revealed how they had been an 'incredible' support to him just after Gemma's tragic death, but some lost contact in the following months.
Speaking on Good Morning Britain with his eight year old son Ethan, Simon said: said he often wondered where they had disappeared to after their initial support.
He said: "It has been hard. It's been horrendous. It's been the toughest thing you can go through,... read more
- 02:36 Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- 02:30 Street lights won't be dimmed in crime hotspots in Birmingham
- 02:23 US federal judge rules Obama healthcare law unconstitutional
- 02:19 The drug gang brother and sister on the run after walking out of court
- 02:17 Conor McGregor attempts 540-degree spin kick – fans stunned as UFC...
- 02:14 Nissan Brexit letter ‘still too confidential to release’
- 01:47 Universal credit claimants fear spending Christmas without money
- 01:43 Yemen war: Can ceasefire deal finally bring peace?
- 01:42 Miss USA apologizes for mocking rivals' English-speaking skills
- 01:34 Strictly Come Dancing finalists discuss their ups, downs and future...
- 01:34 Do autistic people 'get' jokes?
- 01:28 Jo Miller: The price local councils like mine are paying on the...
- 01:28 Justine Greening: Time for honesty – I backed Theresa May in...
- 01:00 DR Congo elections: Why do voters mistrust electronic voting?
- 00:59 Make it a time for giving to Scottish charities this Christmas
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Finals weekend as BBC viewers cast their...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Schools are the first line of policing
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Now Theresa May is back to square one on...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Seeds of Tories’ self-destruction were planted by...
- 00:49 Poor transport and bad traffic stymies region, admits Government...
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 636
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,244 hard
- 00:37 UN urged to seek Australia-based Hakeem al-Araibi's freedom from...
- 00:37 'Extinction is not an option': the $1bn push to save orcas in...
- 00:29 Newcastle man charged with planning act of terror
- 00:28 Suggestions sought for time capsule project
- 00:28 Petition over palm tree demand
- 00:25 North Korea's high-tech pursuits: Propaganda or progress?
- 00:20 How Putin's Russia turned humour into a weapon
- 00:20 Nigerian military lifts Unicef ban after 'spy' row