Former Halifax chef cooking up a storm with beans on toast dessert
A former Halifax chef has unveiled a dish which will definitely tickle the tastebuds.
James Dempsey has created beans on toast - but not as you know it.
The quirky dessert is made from carefully-crafted marzipan "beans" in a sauce using orange zest, juice and cream.
Meanwhile the "toast" is lemon drizzle cake, sliced to look like bread and given the right look and temperature by placing under the grill .
No detail is left to chance - the yellow yolk is mango coulis - and the white of the egg, panna cotta, made from milk and cream, cooled to just the right temperature... read more
- 13:08 Sex offender jailed for breaching order
- 13:08 Girl, 8, asks Santa for 'warm jacket' in heartbreaking Christmas wish
- 13:08 Taber looking forward to seeing Cubs develop to full potential
- 13:08 Calls for women to have leading roles at Stratford District Council
- 12:05 Mothercare launches Black Friday sale with items up to half price
- 12:05 Six months of overnight lane closures to allow for M60 improvements
- 11:57 Why running out of fuel could land you with a hefty fine
- 11:57 Angry TSB customers left without wages in their accounts
- 10:52 Festive interactive storytelling to entertain kids in Lichfield
- 10:17 Hospice hosts services in Lichfield for people to remember loved ones
- 10:17 Cameras removed from Burntwood car park after complaints
- 09:16 Motorists facing delays of 30 minutes on the M66
- 05:03 New fan-led exhibition to celebrate Bury FC's 134-year history
- 05:03 Bus operator apologises after complaints about services in Ramsbottom
- 01:45 Sondland drops ‘bombshell’ at Trump impeachment inquiry