Forgive us if we’re not rejoicing that Saudi women have been handed the car keys ... it probably means some man wants a lift
It’s fun to imagine all those Saudi women discovering the joys of the three-point turn for the very first time.
Moving forward just far enough to avoid the kerb, backing up carefully only when the road is clear, screaming at the weans in the back to shut up and let you concentrate.
They may also experience the delights of reverse parking, perhaps between two of those prestige cars so popular in the Middle East, while their owners are sitting in their drivers’ seats giving you
evils and making you sweat and cry at the same time.
While these may not be the defining highlights of any woman’s... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle