Football coach Barry Bennell admits seven child sex offences at Liverpool Crown Court
Former football coach Barry Bennell has pleaded guilty to seven child sex offences.
The 63-year-old entered the guilty pleas at the beginning of his trial at Liverpool Crown Court.
The ex-Crewe Alexandra coach is charged with a total of 55 offences, including 42 counts of indecent assault, 11 counts of buggery and two counts of attempted buggery.
A jury is expected to be sworn in for his trial on the outstanding charges later on Monday.
The case is set to open tomorrow and will last for eight weeks.
The charges relate to 12 complainants and are alleged to have happened between 1979 and... read more
- 14:30 Man jailed for having knife in Spring Bank and threatening people
- 17:09 Roof of historic former HSBC bank in Granby Street, Leicester saved...
- 17:09 That's criminal! Inside the auction where Range Rover, Gucci bags...
- 23:27 Leaderboard crowds up as late wave don’t take full advantage of...
- 17:09 Proms 2018: 16 pictures from Southmoor Academy at the Roker Hotel
- 14:31 First class Chorley student secures “big four” role and accountancy...
- 14:30 Geoffrey Wellum, Battle of Britain pilot
- 14:30 Private healthcare growing in Blackpool & Fylde Coast
- 21:52 Life in Politics column by Coun Andrew Carter: 70,000 new homes...
- 21:52 Wrenthorpe Surgery closure date announced
- 17:09 Jake Cassidy addresses talk of his Hartlepool United exit
- 21:52 Development planned for former steelworks site
- 14:30 Man falls five metres into Lake District waterfall
- 17:09 Sellafield in court over plutonium incident
- 21:52 Thieves believed to have made off with vintage vehicles in lorry on...
- 14:33 Liam Gordon has shown patience of a Saint
- 23:25 Halifax set for lasting memorial to the Dukes
- 14:30 Yorkshire schoolboys who planned Columbine-style massacre to be...
- 14:31 Water bosses apply to take water from Ullswater, Windermere and...
- 17:09 Sunderland school pupils hit back of the net in mascot shoes design...
- 14:30 Let's put England's World Cup performance in perspective
- 17:09 Students take next steps
- 17:09 Plan to open new indoor market in city centre welcomed
- 17:09 Proms 2018: 32 pictures from English Martyrs at Hardwick Hall
- 17:09 Section of Welford Road, Leicester blocked after electrical box fire
- 14:30 Woman called police 500 times about bullying boyfriend who...
- 21:52 Leeds trio jailed for 'terrifying' Tesco Express raid that left...
- 17:09 Review: Castlegate Singers' Women in Song concert
- 21:52 First £35,000 shipping container homes in Sheffield close to...
- 14:30 Unsung biker hero celebrated with Freemasons donation